Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A few kills lately

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few kills lately

The other night with an 03' Cobra with an aftermarket pulley and exhaust kept on picking it with me so I finally broke down and did it from a 20 roll racing to about 100 had him by about a car and a half. He didn't even stop to talk afterward. Had some explaining to do to his girl I think

Then tonight I run into some kids in my neighborhood with some imports. One had an STI and the other a single turbo Supra. The Supra was the newer model but when he bought it was N/A. He had a single turbo upgrade but I he wouldn't tell me what boost he was running. So the STI was first and went from a 10mph roll and he just got torn after the first two gear the race was over. Beat him by about 6 cars doing 110 so he was all upset and calls his buddy up in his Supra that lived close by and then me and the Supra did the same and by 115 had him by 2 cars. He was make a come back though, fast top end cars. All they had to say was see ya around.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:24 AM
10 Second Club

if he just bolted the turbo on a n/a 2jz motor i'd bet he wasnt' running that much boost. doesn't matter though, supras don't necessarily need that much boost. good kills man.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rygb2000
The other night with an 03' Cobra with an aftermarket pulley and exhaust kept on picking it with me so I finally broke down and did it from a 20 roll racing to about 100 had him by about a car and a half. He didn't even stop to talk afterward. Had some explaining to do to his girl I think

How do you have a 383 with full bolt-ons and with a H/C combo, and only put 1 1/2 cars on a pulleyed, exhaust cobra? Not trying to be a dick BTW, I just thought it would have been worst than that. Nice kills though.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Teching In

I found out the Supra was running 15psi which isn't really high I think. The Cobra has more done I just don't know what it's rumored he runs 500hp. I don't think so but I could be wrong. I still need a tune pretty bad the car runs pig rich. I've just broke the motor in not to long ago. I'm running the same combo as the person I bought the H/C from and he ran a 12.4 at Bandimere Speedway. There's still a lot left to be gained with a tune
Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rygb2000
I found out the Supra was running 15psi which isn't really high I think. The Cobra has more done I just don't know what it's rumored he runs 500hp. I don't think so but I could be wrong. I still need a tune pretty bad the car runs pig rich. I've just broke the motor in not to long ago. I'm running the same combo as the person I bought the H/C from and he ran a 12.4 at Bandimere Speedway. There's still a lot left to be gained with a tune
No kidding, if I had a 383 with a H/C setup and only ran 12.4 I'd be pissed. I hope to be running faster than that on stock cubes with a cam and stall.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Teching In

12.4 is a pretty fast car where I'm from Denver it's the air up here that kills us at sea level take a second or more off
Old 07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Yea the average DA at Bandimere when i've gone is ~7800' with the track itself being a 5600'