Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got owned by the cops.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 04:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got owned by the cops.....

I was on my way back from visiting my dad at work in Glendale, (were the 2 turns into the 210). This RSX type S pulls up next to me and tryes messing with me. I give it a small go. We all know the outcome of that. Anyway during or "go" we pass by a CHP who has some one pulled over . Guess he spotted us and called it in over the radio. While jumping on the 210 the RSX takes the tunnel going like 90mph, then slows down to mess w/ me some more. I should have left it at the first *** wooping I gave him but, temptation got the best of me. I just floored it and left his *** about a 1/4 mile back.
Well after slowwing i see a cop car in the distance pulling up really fast, I knew who he was after so i pulled over before he even got close or turned on his lights. The thing i found funny was that when he was talking to me he asked me, "so, you racing that mustang back there?" I left that RSX so far in the distance that the cop thought i was racing a totally diff. car. If that wasn't enough, two other units pull up and all three officers are just circling my car, checking it out. They even took pictures. He said he clocked me @ 112, if only he were quicker with the gun he would have had me at about 135+ .
So I got OWNED!!! Is it a problem or you guys to resist those oh so tempting moments were someone is begging to be put in their place?
Old 09-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Launching!

How much was the ticket? That type of race is a judgement call. Was it worth it?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Teching In

I got really lucky last night, a GDP pulls next to me, it is only a 35 because it is a pretty popular place to race. i drop it in second, pull have about a car on him shift into third and then let off because ahead of me is a cop parked sitting right ahead of us. we both lock up, make the first left turn and the cop follows us to the next light, the guy in the GDP rolls down his window and gives me a thumbs up and i tell him we got really lucky. we both go different directions and the cop follows him, i hope he didnt get a ticket but at least i didnt!
Old 09-25-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

CVC says a fine of no more than $500 and lisence maybe taken away for a month. So, no it wasn't worth it. But then again i've only had the car for about 6 months so the temptation is still strong. I mean i just put up a post about racing a C6, so that goes to show you how much i can't resist some times.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Talk about resisting temptation....

One night around midnight a few weeks back I had just gotten out of work. Well, at a red light just down the street from my house this guy I knew in a modified Mustang GT happens to pull up next to me. This guy and I had been talking **** for a few weeks and I hadn't really expected to ever run him. So he revs the hell outs his car, and I just look at him and ease off the line. I give it some gas and pull ahead of him then slow back down to the speed limit all the while hes revving all up and down the street giving me the stare down. Way to many cops no way I'm going to run him now. he followed me about a mile still revving and I just turned off and went home.

If THAT wasn't a golden opportunity I don't know what is.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Launching!

DAMN Bro u got Lucky as hell, for all who live in Southern Cali, u must know about ONTARIO street races, and how crazy they get over there. well awhile back when i was into street racing, i went out to ontario to get a few races in. i lined up against a trans am (LS1) and a turbo HONDA, on Philidelphia, anyways i was in the middle, and we all did Burnouts, as we took off i spun way 2 much so i let off and turned around, well as i watched who won the race i see all these cops come out of no where and bust there *** i was scared as **** and after that day i have never went back, that was about 2 years ago, i have also been raided in Fullerton, and Rosemead. Southern Cali guys should know what im talking about
Old 09-26-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Yup seen a 150 ticket, 60 car impound at the races in Palmdale/Lancaster a few years back. That was nuts!!!