Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Chevy Truck and I

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Truck and I

Just had a fun run...was on way home, stopped at a light where there are 2 left turn lanes that join a divided hiway. I was in the right lane; a loud, late model, lowered full size Chevy rumbles up on my left. The guy yells over at me " Does that run good" I smilled and said "Yes". "Wanna run them ?" he asks "Sure! lets merge onto this hiway then hit it." He says "OK...about a 20mph roll then ?" "OK" My wife giggles and says "I knew when he asked how it ran, he wanted to play". So the light changes, we take off normally- I stay in first gear around the turn, straighten out onto the 4 lane.... I look over at him and signal for him to hit it. He does, I do. I got my shift light set at 5800rpm... We were side by side all thru 1st..... 2nd gear- his front bumper at my rear bumper. I was grinning like hell at this point, he was faster than I thought he'd be.....I shifted to 3rd and started pulling on him.... looked like he shut down, so I shut down too. I ease into 4,then 5th and coast a bit. He passes me (not a fly by), and I was grinning like hell and giving him a thumbs up- he did the same. I don't know his mods, but his exhaust was louder than mine, and I have QTP long tubes >Cats>Corsa Catback. Was good that it ended soon, the wife gets kinda pissy about going real fast with her in the car.