Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96-98 Mustang GT on the highway Vs Me :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94-95 Mustang GT on the highway Vs Me :)

Well I took the gf home tonight, and I was heading back into town. I had to drop some film off at Meijer's (like walmart, target, etc) and then I cashed my $2 winning instant lotto ticket in at the shell station. I took a quick trip around town to see if anyone was out, then I made my way to the highway to head home. I got stopped by the light at one of the interesections. As it turned green, I just made my way along like a 90yr old grandpa. I see these lights coming up fairly fast, so I accelerated to get up to speed so I wouldn't **** the guy off. He gets towards me and gets in the other lane, and from the headlights at the angle I saw them I was thinking "ohh great another cavalier that feels the need to go 80mph" To My surprise it was a 94-95 Mustang GT. EDIT: After talking with my friend, he said it was most likely a 94-95 because it had horizontal taillights.

It was black, had some huge grey racing stripes on it, Some kind of flaming pony outline on the side of the door, some chrome rims that might have been 15-17" and some really freaking wide rear tires. prolly significantly larger than 275mm. Out of state plates (Indiana) So I figured I'd see if he wanted to play. I sped up to see if he wanted to go. I tried to motion to get him to roll the window down but he wouldn't. So I bleeped the throttle a few times to see if he'd bite. I still have the cutouts open so my car is fairly loud After the third bleep I see his front end lifts slightly, so I figured he was game. I punched it and from 80-115 I had 2-3 cars on him. I let off after I noticed he really dropped back and figured he didn't want anymore. Too my surprise I saw him attempting a ricer fly by.

He was moving up fast and this time I was going around 70mph and I said to myself, "hmm a ricer flyby in a mustang, that ain't happening" So off the gas pedal went to kiss the carpet. There was a slight headwind, but I don't have my front endlinks for the sway bar back on from the other day, so I wasn't going to go too fast. I let off at around 130mph and the whole time he was 1/2-3/4 Car lengths behind me. I let off and I let him pass me. I tried getting him to turn off to talk to him, but I guess he didn't want to. I continued down the highway for another couple of miles just to see if he'd turn off but he didnt. I was a good semi truck length behind him when he decided to just mash it, and since we were getting towards an area known for police, I wasn't going to play catchup, so I turned around at the next blinking yellow light, and went home.

I'm not sure if he was stock, but i don't think he was.

if you can't tell by the sig, I drive and mild bolt on LT1 Buick Roadmaster.
Matt

Last edited by buffman; 10-17-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have at least 1,000+ more pounds against a 96-98 Mustang. What are your mods?
Old 10-17-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00 SLVR Z
You have at least 1,000+ more pounds against a 96-98 Mustang. What are your mods?
Free Mods
160* T-Stat
Cold Air Intake
F-Body MAF (as the B-car MAF is only 3")
52mm rebored stock TB
1.6 Roller Rockers
Combination Motorsports 614 Valvesprings
Clear Image Automotive Try-Y headers
No "cats", xpipe, spintech pro-streets.
9.5" 3000rpm stall torque Converter.
3.73s with an Eaton Posi-Trac.
Lt4 knock Module
PCMforless.com Tuning.
MSD coil and wirs.

I think that's about it for go fast mods. I have some suspension mods also. Race weight sat was 4330lbs. With the spare and tools in my trunk I prolly weigh a good 100lbs more on the street.
Matt

Last edited by buffman; 10-17-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what kinda times do you run
Old 10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ls1wannabe
what kinda times do you run
Best so far this year is a 13.59 @98.xxmph (yes I know my trap is low prolly needs a new fuel pump as I'm loosing 2lbs of fuel pressure at WOT) with a 1.8 60ft time.