Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Walked a NSX, he flipped me the bird for my troubles..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Walked a NSX, he flipped me the bird for my troubles..

I was minding my own business on my way home, enjoying the sound of my new Kooks attached to my GMMG. I drove past an newer NSX in traffic (el douchebag and his girl), as we slowed down he came zipping past me (must have seen my plate "SSMOKED", works every time). So I get an opening to the line at the red and he zips in behind me. On green I slowly roll in 1st to give him the opening to go around me, I hammer it when he reaches my quarter and spin all the way through 1st and get a liiiiittle bit sideways, it grabs on the one/two shift but he obviously was getting a better roll, by 90 I put about a car on him. We slow and I am giving him the thumbs up as he goes by, he won't look over and flips me the bird. Haha, loser, shouldn't get all emotional because your 85K Honduh lost. What happened to hotrodder camaraderie, why do people get so butthurt when they lose. I lost to a 96 4.6 Mustang GT the other day, you don't see me cryin about it.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Those aren't fellow hotrodders, those are rich ricers, the WORST kind.

Oops, good kill btw.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have slowly watched my hobby go from a gathering of knowledgable and friendly people, to arrogant and punk *** bishes. I think I know the change, when I first started getting into cars, there were very few performance cars available and even fewer at the track, maybe the vette, viper, mustang and camaro (ocassional Supra, 300ZX) excluding classics. Now there are so many affordable performance cars new and used, the morons come out in droves.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
I have slowly watched my hobby go from a gathering of knowledgable and friendly people, to arrogant and punk *** bishes. I think I know the change, when I first started getting into cars, there were very few performance cars available and even fewer at the track, maybe the vette, viper, mustang and camaro (ocassional Supra, 300ZX) excluding classics. Now there are so many affordable performance cars new and used, the morons come out in droves.
Nice kill, people don't realize how little you're getting out of an NSX.

I wonder if it was like that in the 60s.... Mostly likely, i've heard enough stories about rich kids with 4-4-2s that couldn't beat T birds.

You're absolutely right though, it's bad enough when rich kids get cars they don't deserve, but now when even slow cars are considered "fast" by society, it can do nothing but turn sour. Oh well, i just tell myself it's a fad.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Launching!

1 car is all you could get on him at 90? those 06 NSx's must be faster than I thought.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Newer NSX's run low 13's@108+, they aren't that slow.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats hilarious. nsx guys think they have the ferrari of all imports. they are very slow for the price range. guy in my sub has one, its the biggest garage queen ive ever seen, cant remember a time hes even started his car
Old 10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

They aren't strait line fast cars like most of ours.......they are meant for cornering. They have very weak HP numbers too.

They look nice, but I always see homo's driving them.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

The NSXs are pretty nice looking car and does fairly well carving corners but as many of us know, it lacks hp and tq.

At my work, occasionally, I see two NSXs at parking lot. One belongs to our company's autox club, I do as well. He showed up 3 times during the summer and I've beaten his time every time. As for straight line, he doesn't have much of chance either.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

You guys are makin me worried. He was pretty close to me considering. Maybe I lost some HP from the headers? Most likely he is just one of the low 13's NSX, but now I have to go to the track to make sure my car hasen't slowed. The SS went 13.3@108 with nothing but a cutout, should have picked up quite a bit from a GMMG, Volant and Kooks.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

maybe somwhere int he ricer mentality book it says that "when you are beat, a thumbs up means "i have the better car" and he thought you were insulting him

or maybe the said girl said "pff, i thought this was a fast car,....take me home"
Old 10-24-2005, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
You guys are makin me worried. He was pretty close to me considering. Maybe I lost some HP from the headers? Most likely he is just one of the low 13's NSX, but now I have to go to the track to make sure my car hasen't slowed. The SS went 13.3@108 with nothing but a cutout, should have picked up quite a bit from a GMMG, Volant and Kooks.
You said he was on the pedal before he hit your rear quater panel right? Then you got on the pedal..............so he had the momentum and you had to play catch up (wich you did) to get him. So you won against odds!

If I start to accelerate before you do.........you will have to catch up to my speed quicker than I'm accelerating to beat me. So if you would have both started at the same time (your car and the NSX)........the outcome would have been much different.

example: I have a 400rwhp 2000 Vette. My buddy has a bone stock 1998 (flywheel) 230hp mustang GT. On the way home from watching the races at the dragstrip we were on the freeway and I was behind him. I dropped from 4th to 2nd and hammered it, passed him and slowed to the speed limit. Obviously I was way infront of him. He hit the gas about 4-5 cars back from me. As he rolled up on my ***, I hammered the pedal in 3rd (I think, maybe 2nd)......his momentum was so great that I couldn't come close to catching him by the time we both were doing 110. Then we shut down..................
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cephiros
maybe somwhere int he ricer mentality book it says that "when you are beat, a thumbs up means "i have the better car" and he thought you were insulting him

or maybe the said girl said "pff, i thought this was a fast car,....take me home"
She said "you aint gettin no *** now"..........
Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

he's just mad because he spent 90k on a mid engine car with an engine that is in every V6 honda on the road, and an accord interior...then still loses to a car 1/3 the price

at least at the end of the day he has his better resale value and better interior to keep him warm at night...while his girl is bangin the dude driving the SS
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

you didn't loose hp from the headers, but your powerband was certainly effected. a dyno tune would get you where you need to be.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00Vette
You said he was on the pedal before he hit your rear quater panel right? Then you got on the pedal..............so he had the momentum and you had to play catch up (wich you did) to get him. So you won against odds!

If I start to accelerate before you do.........you will have to catch up to my speed quicker than I'm accelerating to beat me. So if you would have both started at the same time (your car and the NSX)........the outcome would have been much different.
True, I thought that but I still have post Mod nerves.

Originally Posted by Cephiros
LOL, I wonder what it was she was really thinking.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00Vette
She said "you aint gettin no *** now"..........
yeah i was thinking of saying that one too, but i decided to go the family safe route.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Banned

Default Good Kill

How much does a custom license plate run a year these days, I am thinking of getting one myself
Old 10-25-2005, 04:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People that give me the finger after a race usually get followed home.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Good kill

I h8 when douche bags can't aknowledge a loss

..."walked" may not have been the right word here though. I see the words "walked" and "smoked" used a little too liberally in here of late. Because if ya didn't win by more than 5 lengths...you just beat him