Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My 350 s10 vs turbo eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 350 s10 vs turbo eclipse

I posted this race in the truck forum but nobody there every responds to them so here goes....

Saturday night me and a buddy were cruising around in my s10. I had just gotten finished playing with the timing some more and wanted to test it out. Well we went to a local spot where the racers meet. I drove in and it looked like a bunch of slow rides that thought they were fast, you know the type. I didnt even park, just rode through. All of a sudden I hear the best sounding Ls1 trans am pull in. It was loping so hard it sounded like lighting a roll of Black cats fire works in slow motion. We left the spot because I knew I didnt have a chance against that and nobody else was worth racing. Flash forward...

We are on our way home when we pull up to a light. Beside me sits a red eclipse with a huge tach. I dropped my ratchet shifter into first just in case he wanted to try it. The light goes green and we roll off at about 1/2 throttle then i hear him punch it and Pshhhhhhh, the blow off valve. I didnt hesitate to lay it to the floor. I passed him and shifted out early at 5000 and spun into 2nd. For some reason I was ahead by a couple lengths so I let off. I guess he let off after I shot passed him because a few seconds later he slowly came around me and then his buddy behind him, also turbo eclipse, passed. Then they both hammered it and burned off into the distance at 100+.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

lol, ****. Good kill
Old 11-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Teching In

man i need to get off my butt and put a V8 in my dime.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

If I only knew how to tune this thing I could really make it run. Has a stumble if you floor it, has a stumble below 1500rpm if you give it part throttle. Cant figure the best timing and I am thinking of changing rear gears from 3.42 to 4.10.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe get a holley carb??? Nice Kill BTW