Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

dan03mach how do you get LOW 11's/high 10's from a stock engined Mach 1??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default dan03mach how do you get LOW 11's/high 10's from a stock engined Mach 1??

Originally Posted by dan03mach
O Yeah BTW my car now runs low 11's, high 10's are coming next. And I still have a bone stock motor...
As the other thread was closed I thought I'd start another one. Just curious as to what you've done to your Mach 1 to get those times from it?

I know the Mach's are pretty darn fast stock and have plenty of potential, and are a real threat on the street (although they are few and far between in the UK, lol).

But can you really get them to run near a 10 second ET with just weight saving and suspension mods??? (Your sig doesn't say any of the mods you've done). You say it's a "bone stock motor" so presumable you still have stock intake and exhaust as these are essentially part of the engine (well at least as much as a water pump or valve covers are).

Also have you got any pics, I love the look of the Mach 1.

N.B. I know this isn't perhaphs strickly street racing, but it is relative as it's always good to know what can be acheived with other cars.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Mach runs 11.8's on the stock long-block with just bolt-ons/suspension/weight reduction/gears/slicks n skinnies.
I fully expect to run 11.60's in the Spring with a good clutch/pressure plate/aluminum flywheel and no power-adder.

I still have the stock clutch/pressure plate/flywheel in the transmission in addition to the stock long-block components - stock heads, stock cams, stock compression, stock displacement.
All my accessories (power-steering/ABS/power brakes/heater/etc) are still in place too.
I do have a short-belt that by-passes the A/C but everything is still present/functional & I can have functioning A/C in 5-minutes by removing 1 bolt/swapping the tensioner & serpentine belts.

Better still, Jeff Schmell recently ran an 11.37 @ 118.12 mph in his '03 Mach 1 on drag radials - NO slicks with only minor internal mods such as a good valve job, different (but still Ford stock) cams, weight reduction and incredible driving.
No big cams, ported heads, stroked motor or tons of extra displacement.
(He of course has as many bolt-ons mods as his racing class allows - which isn't too many.)

His Mach runs in the NMRA "Factory Stock" class, so he has to weigh 3400 lbs & run TONS of stock parts (heavy stock K-member/stock un-ported intake/non-ported factory heads/mid-length headers/etc).
IMHO, his Mach is easily high-10-second capable if he didn't have to abide by those rules and could add long-tube headers/tubular K-member/ported intake manifold/etc.

Not taking anything away from Dan's ET - but I believe that his low 11's are on the bottle (Nitrous) not naturally-aspirated...

Last edited by Angus66; 11-22-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:28 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
As the other thread was closed I thought I'd start another one. Just curious as to what you've done to your Mach 1 to get those times from it?

I know the Mach's are pretty darn fast stock and have plenty of potential, and are a real threat on the street (although they are few and far between in the UK, lol).

But can you really get them to run near a 10 second ET with just weight saving and suspension mods??? (Your sig doesn't say any of the mods you've done). You say it's a "bone stock motor" so presumable you still have stock intake and exhaust as these are essentially part of the engine (well at least as much as a water pump or valve covers are).

Also have you got any pics, I love the look of the Mach 1.

N.B. I know this isn't perhaphs strickly street racing, but it is relative as it's always good to know what can be acheived with other cars.
Well to get me running low 11's the only mods I did was full exhaust, CAI, Completely built up drivetrain from the Clutch all the way to the rearend.. 3.73 gears, Skinnies, ET Streets, a little weight reduction by taking out the back seat, spare tire, and jack, Rear suspension mods, Upper and lower control armes with adjustable shocks..The front suspension is still bone stock but I'm getting ready to put a tubular K, coil overs, and control arms in.... And I put a 125 shot wet kit on it.. The car is making a little over 430rwhp and over 515rwtq on the spray.. But the Motor its self is 100% Bone Stock...
Old 11-22-2005, 05:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

cool, got any pics??
Old 11-22-2005, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You got your answer.

PM's are a beautiful thing.