Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

M45,Mid 90's eldorado and a prelude....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red face M45,Mid 90's eldorado and a prelude....

I don't usually post her but I've had a unusual couple of days. Yesterday, a 1988 Prelude 2.0Si started revving his engine in front of me at a stoplight and looked in his mirror to see it filled with a WS6 hood. My friend and I just about died laughing. I put my car in neutral and revved back to see if it was actually me he was revving on and he did it again stareing into his mirror. First chance I had I shot around him. A few lights latter he was on my *** but wouldn't line up next to me at the light. It turned green and I was on the other side of the intersection about 3 cars ahead already. I let off came to the next light and he again crawled up my ***. So I did it again only not so agressively. He gave up and slowed down and I turned off the street. About a half hour latter I was on a 3 lane road heading toward a interstate when a older man in his 50's in a 90's Eldorado pulled along side me. I looked out my driverside window and he motioned his hand to go for it, I smiled and nailed it. I went from 70 to 120 in what seemed like no time (I hate cold weather the engine loves it) and slowed down since he was 7-10 car lenghts behind me(in my defence he did have a northstar). I slowed and moved over a couple of lanes to get on the interstate. He flew by me and jumped in line ahead of me. When I passed him on the interstate he wouldn't even look at me. My friend asked why he would even try. I explained tht sometimes you race a faster car just to see how you measure up and that it gave him a chance to clear out some carbon build up(saw a puff of black smoke when he would jump on it).

Then today at the interchange of 44 west to 270 north a m45 tried getting into my trunk as a box truck cut me off. I got over and dropped the hammer he laid into it too and we were flying up 270 at 130+ around noon. Eveytime I let up he would charge back up on me and change lane with me tailgating every chance he got. After every lane change I'd floor it again to watch him fall back. When I looked down to see how fast I was going (140) I got over in a very clear spot on the highway and slammed the binders(wilwood 4 pistons) and managed to activate the abs at 95 or so. Srubbed off my speed and continued at a normal pace. He flew by and got on the tail of a GP further up.
While not exactly trophy worthy, I wonder if the holidays are just getting to people and road rage is a outlet for it. I don't normally get challenged anymore.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at it this way, If I saw a Enzo...I would try

Good kills btw.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look at it this way, If I saw a Enzo...I would try
its always worth a try , BTW when he was tailgating you could have tapped your brakes quickly, if he hit you well it was his fault, if he didnt it would scare the poo out of him
Old 12-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by TNMuscle
its always worth a try , BTW when he was tailgating you could have tapped your brakes quickly, if he hit you well it was his fault, if he didnt it would scare the poo out of him
People have died that way...

But its ok, most of them were a-hole tailgaters.
I seriously hate this time of year, if i had a gun in the car I'd shoot ten people on the way to work, thats how many people cut me off on average on a 15-min commute!

Old 12-22-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I'm not sure of the laws on brake checks but its not worth it. The look on his face when my lowly WS6 pulled on him (m45) was probably priceless.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate preludes!!!!!!!!!!!!! My neighbor has one, with a folgers can hanging off the back (and i mean one of the huge folgers can, the kind you get at bj's or sams club). He always tears around and I hear that hideous fart can of his spewing that lawn mower type exhaust tone all the time. But then when I see him while im driving he wont even go the speed limit...rant off, and nice kills!
Old 12-24-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They're kinda like the mosquitos of the car world. Always buzzing around....