Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A short story, not about racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A short story, not about racing

Figured this would be an appropriate folder for this. If it's not I guess it could get moved to the Lounge. Anyway here's the story.

I was out on the road around 6AM and was getting on the freeway. The onramp is a merger of two different streets and then another merger to the right lane of the freeway. It can become very slow there. So as I am merging into the freeway lane there is a break in traffic to my left so I blinker for the lane change. The guy up my butt behind me starts changing right too so I go faster so I can get in the damn lane first. There's a bike behind me to the left in the next lane over where I want to go but I always give extra distance around them so I give some more gas to get ahead and then change lanes.

So the bike changes left into the last lane (commuter) and gets close to me, puts his headlight into my driver's mirror and hits the highbeam. So I'm like what the hell, what a jerk. So I gas it to get away. Then I hear werrrr-werrrp

So I look around the where he is, almost in the blind spot where the hatch begins. I don't see any berries so I'm honestly confused. Then he pulls alongside and, this is funny there's a smiley for this, he waves his arm just like that and pulls a little bit ahead and I can see tiny, tiny blue running lights on the back and his jacket that says Police.

I'm thinking hmm well that's good he at least didn't pull me over. He would have had a good enough reason to because I actually had gone 80 to change lanes in front of him but got right off it to go down to 60 and cruise. Ehhh.

I keep going as my exit is just two miles away. He keeps his cruise in front of me but definately nearby. So I have a feeling he had it out for me somehow. I moved right, exit coming up, he moves right and slows. I'm thinking to myself, I wonder if he wants to follow me to the exit? He was in front of me still but he's on a bike and could easily get over with me. Well I got on the offramp and he sped off.

I rolled past a gas station about 3 minutes later and there was a highway patrol car parked there with the cop sitting inside and I got a little anxious but he just sat there. Got the car into the garage with a nervous laugh, still surprised that the motorcycle was a HP cop, and happy he didn't pull me over.

Alright, there's my tale of the highway from this morning. Nothing bad, nothing good, but definately a surprise for me. I coulda sworn it was just some jerk on an older motorcycle. Nooope.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ah ha. Gotta watch out for john bone. atleast you didn't get a ticket.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C.H.i.P.S.

josh