Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Douchebag goes down... +Bonus

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 11:34 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking Douchebag goes down... +Bonus

Best race EVAR.

I'm driving over to my buddies work so he can borrow some tools of mine. Minding my own business I pass this NICE looking black C5 vert parked on the side of the road. As i drive by he rev's at me, it definatly was NOT the stock c5 catback, much louder. Anway, I'm sad that I just got cats put on the duals and had them run out, but I throw him a rev anyway.

I look in my mirror and see him turning out into the street to follow me. He's going through traffic, then finally gets up next to me at a light.

I look over and the guy is late 30's, early 40's, black hair is all gell'd, pimpin, and slicked back, he's got his pimpin shades on, got the top down, the works. He rolls up beside me and kinda hits his brakes hard when he pulls even. I look over at him and he starts laughing at me

I'm covering my mouth trying not to laugh and i'm waiting for the light. It turns green and i kinda creep off, thinking he won't want to race (like most of the damn vettes in my area). All the sudden his front end raises and i hear him rhomp it hard. I laid my foot down and the nitto's went up in smoke. I hit second and they go up in smoke again for a second, then grab. I put a bus length on him in 2nd.

I switch lanes to turn and he pulls up beside me to which i say...

"Not laughin' now are ya?" I was

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, I ran a stock as a rock SS this morning and felt bad afterwards. And ran a bike later on at about 5:20.

The bike was behind me going through traffic, when we cleared it we were going about 90mph. I see him tuck in and rhomp it (looked to be newer bike), i drop in 4th and take off for ***** and giggles. He goes around me on the right and puts about a bike length on me and actually stops pulling away. I hit 5th thinking he's going to check out on me but he doesn't. I stay in it for a little while longer and i'm actually gaining on him! He's tucked in and glancing back at me with what looked like a WTF gesture. I creep up on him and he lets off the gas.

This is the point I realize I'm turning 6400ish in 5th gear. I dont think i was turning 6500, because i dont remember the shift light coming on. I hit the brakes and start to understand why big brakes are really needed in this world.

Could this really happen? Is it even possible that I pulled this off? Did he lift or somthing? He definatly diddnt have to shift much at the speeds we were at, so I don't think it can be blamed on rider error. I make about 400 at the wheels with the cam and full boltons. I was so suprised when i started bringing him in. I've been looking at some bikes trying to figure out what kind it was (had to have been a 600cc max). Looks like it might have been a white R6, judging by the headlights on it.

I was going over 150mph, the road is straight as an arrow, nobody in front of us, freshly re-paved, and about 4 miles long. I get to drive this stretch about 4 times a day to school and back. This is also where the SS race took place.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 01-31-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

Good kills
Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you only have 400 RWHP than it was a small bike. I don't have a whole lotta experience running bikes but I did run the baddest bike out there. I have ~500 RWHP and 500 RWTQ and I ran this guy 3 times, side-by-side. We pulled over and exchanged numbers and e-mails, we stay in touch, cool kid. Here's what he sent to me later that night when he got home. I ran him when my rings were shot, but it still ran like an Agostino engine So thats why he says when I get it back, all rebuilt, we'll meet and do it again.

I like racing bikes just to see the, "WTF" look on their faces. I ran with one up to about 170mph once too, got a big thumbs up from the guy.

The subject line in the e-mail:
The ZX 12R you raced last week

Hey Lyle,

Well congratulations on having a car that can damn near keep up with one of the fastest sportbikes on the road. My bike is pretty much stock except for carbon fiber rims. My bike is about 30lbs lighter with them. I don't know how much that helps in acceleration, I don't think very much. Where it does help is lane changing at high speeds. I think once you get your engine running right, it will either keep up with me or be slightly faster. If it is faster, it will be fun to see at what point I begin to overtake you if that even happens! I knew when you took off up that onramp that I was going to have trouble keeping up. I remember thinking to myself "damn, this guy might actually have something worth racing." Well let me know when you get it ready and we will run'em down in Miami. My number is 954 xxx-xxxx, take care.

Brett
Old 01-30-2006, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

if he knew how to ride he could have dropped his bike into 2nd going 80mph and just whipped on you. that is if it was an r6 like you say. the newer bikes can go up to 80mph b4 u redline in 1st. so if he dropped it into 2nd few a few seconds it woul have been over pretty quick.

so i would say biker error but good run

steve
Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bigbadblackws6
if he knew how to ride he could have dropped his bike into 2nd going 80mph and just whipped on you. that is if it was an r6 like you say. the newer bikes can go up to 80mph b4 u redline in 1st. so if he dropped it into 2nd few a few seconds it woul have been over pretty quick.

steve
Damn, I was in Ft. Myers all this weekend. Are there any gatherings that go on regularly?

Old 01-31-2006, 12:06 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by bigbadblackws6

steve
I was wondering about his gear selection at this speed myself. I'm not sure about the shift points they have and what not, as I do not know anything about sport bikes. I used to race MX quads, but was completly unaware of gearing like that.

I figured he should have been in 3rd or so, but that was a complete guess considering my knowledge. He must have shifted a few times on the way to 150+, but i was worried about watching other things than his foot

I was leaning toward rider error also, but I'll take it where I can get it!

I've read on here that you need 400rwhp and a nice roll on the street to have a chance against a 600cc. I'm not saying that it was an R6, given my experience, it could have not even been a Yamaha.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 AM
That's what she said...

PS - I run 12.0 @ 117.5 with my no launching *** pulling a 1.95 60'. I want my 11 second slip!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

i had a zx6r last summer, it was probably a 600cc bike i could see it happening with 400rwhp. like someone else said though probably didn't shift down to 2nd figuring he'd whip ur *** or something, not tryin to take away from your kill though NICE!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
like someone else said though probably didn't shift down to 2nd figuring he'd whip ur *** or something, not tryin to take away from your kill though NICE!
In that case, I'm thinking about NOT giving him another chance!

<~~~~Rice
Old 01-31-2006, 05:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its not impossible to run that well against a bike. I was beat by an 01 600 ninja by about 2 1/2 bikes with only the mods in my sig. good kills