Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sad, sad, sad day....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 10:39 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sad, sad, sad day....

I killed a Mini Cooper S from a dig.
We went from a stoplight. He revved, spun his front tires off the line, and lunged forward. I watched him put a car or two on me, then I got on it after rolling off the line (I did not do an AWD high rev launch).
So, 1st gear to redline.. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 2nd gear waaaaaaaaaaaa, I'm at his door, 3rd gear I put a car on him and shut down.
This was the longest dig race to 65mph I've ever done. Passing him, I felt like I could have read the front page of the newspaper, had coffee and brushed my teeth.
Slow cars (including my own) should not be allowed to drag race. Hehehehe.
BTW, I'm in a Saabaru 9-2x Aero (WRX Wagon) for those who don't know.

On the bright side, this thing brakes and handles incredibly, and I'm tracking it on roadcourses these days, as I've applied my racing fix to sanctioned roadcourse lapping events. A future roadcourse oriented LS1 F-bod car is still in the works for me.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice kill in the grocery getter.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I see these same two guys race near my house every week in civics and you hear them from so far away, like the ice cream man that you actually have time to go watch them. It may be kinda fun to have pretty evenly matched cars runing neck and neck all the time. Nice kill though.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Thanks for the pity replies!
Old 02-22-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Kill, I hate Mini-poopers! Dealer tried to sell me one when I was looking for a winter car and I looked at him and was like "are you on crack, im 6'8 250 pounds..." They handle unbelieveably well but man I cant get past the fact that they look like clown cars.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Good Kill, I hate Mini-poopers! Dealer tried to sell me one when I was looking for a winter car and I looked at him and was like "are you on crack, im 6'8 250 pounds..." They handle unbelieveably well but man I cant get past the fact that they look like clown cars.
Thats funny. I can see your head, shoulders and knees sticking out of the sun roof. Look at it this way, its an easy car to dry off, just lay the shami over the whole car.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

Haha, ya know, i bet it would be fun to race 17-18 second cars if evenly matched, it would be ALL DRIVER
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Haha, ya know, i bet it would be fun to race 17-18 second cars if evenly matched, it would be ALL DRIVER
You could look back and see your buddy just inching on you...then speed shift it and it evens out and sh&t, you still at 60mph...That would be pretty fun.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You could look back and see your buddy just inching on you...then speed shift it and it evens out and sh&t, you still at 60mph...That would be pretty fun.

Lol...funny....
Old 02-22-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Thats funny. I can see your head, shoulders and knees sticking out of the sun roof. Look at it this way, its an easy car to dry off, just lay the shami over the whole car.

Hahaha yea literally thats what it would have been like for me. I obviously never even considered looking at the car but the guy at the dealership kept insisting that it had more room than it looked so to shut him up I sat in it with my knees crammed into the steering wheel and my head pretty much touching the roof...thats true though, it would be easy to dry with a shammi, or I could just hang it out on my clothes line. Plus id be able to whoop on all the kids with powerwheels in my neighborhood!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Hahaha yea literally thats what it would have been like for me. I obviously never even considered looking at the car but the guy at the dealership kept insisting that it had more room than it looked so to shut him up I sat in it with my knees crammed into the steering wheel and my head pretty much touching the roof...thats true though, it would be easy to dry with a shammi, or I could just hang it out on my clothes line. Plus id be able to whoop on all the kids with powerwheels in my neighborhood!

You should have taken it on a test drive, I hear you click the overdrive button and pedals pop down from the driver side dashboard!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

you'd probably look like the guy from the Incredibles...
Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

The mags have the Mini S at high 15's @ high 80'smph. They have my car at mid 14's @ mid 90's mph.

For whatever mag racing's worth, those times seem to hold true to the events that occurred.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........ ..
Old 02-23-2006, 05:40 AM
11 Second Club

lol, When I was in highschool a buddy and I had the same car...84 Renault Alliances. These things made Civics seem like 10sec cars. We would race them against each other everywhere. We where "racing" over a causeway doing about 75 (LMFAO) and where holding up traffic.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Who really cares...

haha, just kiddin', nice kill You are still like 4 seconds quicker than I am in the 1/4...
Old 02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

IS your car turbo'd? Sorry for my lack of knowledge...

But Nice kill, its always fun, no matter what you drive!

-Will
Old 02-23-2006, 11:54 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TARZAN
IS your car turbo'd? Sorry for my lack of knowledge...

But Nice kill, its always fun, no matter what you drive!

-Will
Yeah, it's a 2.0L flat 4 (boxer) turbo.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow SouthFL.02.SS - what a nice kill. Finally got the parts to make my litle Firehawk a bad boy like your former SS. Figuring once I get the kinks worked out, I should be at the 465 rwhp on motor. Just for giggles I ran against a Dodge Truck. His sounded like it was mod'd and he did rev when he went by. His was louder than mine. We finally hit a light. I let him have about 2 lengths and then I hit it. About ripped the tires off, and spun a good while. Hooked and went by him doing about 85. My car has serious valve train issues. I didn't replace the lifters and I have a huge vacuum leak ( I learned today ). Looks like I am replacing Intake gaskets tomorrow and then lifters next weekend.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I killed a Mini Cooper S from a dig.
We went from a stoplight. He revved, spun his front tires off the line, and lunged forward. I watched him put a car or two on me, then I got on it after rolling off the line (I did not do an AWD high rev launch).
So, 1st gear to redline.. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 2nd gear waaaaaaaaaaaa, I'm at his door, 3rd gear I put a car on him and shut down.
This was the longest dig race to 65mph I've ever done. Passing him, I felt like I could have read the front page of the newspaper, had coffee and brushed my teeth.
Slow cars (including my own) should not be allowed to drag race. Hehehehe.
BTW, I'm in a Saabaru 9-2x Aero (WRX Wagon) for those who don't know.

On the bright side, this thing brakes and handles incredibly, and I'm tracking it on roadcourses these days, as I've applied my racing fix to sanctioned roadcourse lapping events. A future roadcourse oriented LS1 F-bod car is still in the works for me.
LOL, I killed one last night, he started revving and then nailed it, I let him go ahead and think he got me. We go again and I arm the bottle just to rub it in, from a roll I left him very far behind. It was funny. At havent used the juice in a while, felt nice.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Y2kHawk05
Wow SouthFL.02.SS - what a nice kill. Finally got the parts to make my litle Firehawk a bad boy like your former SS. Figuring once I get the kinks worked out, I should be at the 465 rwhp on motor. Just for giggles I ran against a Dodge Truck. His sounded like it was mod'd and he did rev when he went by. His was louder than mine. We finally hit a light. I let him have about 2 lengths and then I hit it. About ripped the tires off, and spun a good while. Hooked and went by him doing about 85. My car has serious valve train issues. I didn't replace the lifters and I have a huge vacuum leak ( I learned today ). Looks like I am replacing Intake gaskets tomorrow and then lifters next weekend.
Sounds like you've got a beast on your hands. I hope the kinks get smoothed out easily and enjoy!