Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Z06 vs. quick 3rd gen T/A

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 03 Z06 vs. quick 3rd gen T/A

Was out in DC last night with the G/F in the Z06 on the GW pkwy right by Reagan Nat'l airport for those of you in the area. Saw a black 3rd gen. T/A kinda beat up go by that sounded pretty mean. I flipped a U-turn quick and was on his ***. Wasnt sure what it had but it was loud as hell, guy kept hoppin it at me in the next lane but wouldnt really look over. We didnt really have a chance to go head to head because of traffic but we got an opening and I kind of went for it with im on my @SS. I ws able to pull a good amount of cars on him but I didn't leave him NEARLY as fast as I thought I would have. I get next to him again and I can DEFINITELY hear supercharger whine, he had a triple guage pod mount on the A-pillar. We kinda cat and moused around a little bit in traffic for the next few minutes but couldn't get an opening to run again. I pulled off at this parking lot area and the guy followed me, I wanted to ask him what he had but he never pulled up next to me. I waited for a sec but there was a car behind us so I had to pull back out onto the road, he went the other way.

Cliff Notes: Bone Stock MY 03 Z06 pulls couple cars on quick 3rd Gen TA
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm. might have been diff if both of yall got on it at the same time. but i would imagine you would still pull away up top.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe, he was definitely outgunned though. We were probably going 40 or so when we nailed it. Would have loved to get a good clean run in though, races are few and far between around here lately and cops are EVERYWHERE.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well you said you got on it first right? well even on equall cars if you get on it first your gonna pull away. but yea i dont doubt that you would smoke him.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah you're right. Oh well.....wish I coulda talked to him, it sounded like it was loping pretty hard when I heard him behind me in that parking lot, sounded really good.