Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

srt4 killed me...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default srt4 killed me...

i was heading home on the main highway around here and ran into an srt4, was red with the stock rims and bicycle tires but sounded very loud and mean, he also had a blow off. we caught a light and i was sitting minding my own business and waved, so i though he wanted to run so i said want to run? and he said sure but he wanted to go from a 50 roll because it would be pointless from a dig for him. i agreed because my nittos are getting very bald. light turned green and we accelerated to 50 and lined up. he got the jump and immediately pulled about 1.5 cars on me but around 60ish i was catching up, he shut down at about 80 and my front bumper was at his back bumper.

i said one more because i though i might be able to inch ahead because he got the jump. he honked this time and we both hit it at the same time. he pulled a car immediately and i clinged to his back bumper till about 90. it was a good race and the guy was very cool.

im still a little pissed i lost but i geuss i saw it coming because all i have is a loudmouth and a lid. Guess it's mod time. i just got a new credit card with 0% apr for 12 months ahahahaha So what do you guys think, LT's and ORY now with plugs and wires? or should i get a yank SS3600 stall now? or should i save about 3 grand and get LT's,ORY,Stall, m/t drags, qa1's and maybe ls6 intake if i have any money left over lol.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

LT's, ORY, 150shot + tune = no more skittle struck
Old 09-28-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

He had to have something done (besides a no nothing BOV). Skittles are pretty quick up top, but fbods are not corn meal either. For him to jump and pull, he had something.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Always remember something...

If youre driving a V-8 Fbody, and you have someone challenge you, its because of two reasons.

Category 1) He knows about LT1's/LS1's and is prepared to dance.

Category 2) He has no clue about 4th Gens, thinks his car is something badass, and has a grin that needs wiping.

Becareful of the category 1's...
Old 09-29-2006, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

I have decided to fight turbo with turbo... Im going to get a STS RMT (rear mounted Turbo) and fight back... The whole kit is only around 6500 and STS gives finacial aid... Im gonna wait til taxes so i have down payment... I had a SRT-4 and agree with everyone that riding in a turbocharged car is way different.. But i love the ride/sound/power of a V8... So i guess i must compromise and turbo the V8 and get the best of both worlds... Plus i may get 3 mpgs extra thats never a bad thing
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He must of been modded. Good death