Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My First Kill!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My First Kill!!!

I have had my Z28 for about 3 months and I got my first race tonight, which also happened to be my first kill I was heading down Broadway on my way home from target. There was a red light ahead and the road had a little bit of traffic but not to bad. As I came up on the light it changed green and there was a RX-8 stopped ahead of me on my right. I pass him to let him know I am there and he immediatly gets over right on my ***. I push up through a few cars (him right on my tail the whole time) and then we trade and I follow him. He put his blinker on to make a right and I did the same, and once we made the turn there were no cars up ahead. He had about a car on me and I was going 25 in first, once he punched it I did the same. I was slightly nervous... So nervous infact that by the time I reached the end of first gear, I forgot to shift and my redline dropped me about 1,5k rpms. (only 3 months on stick too) . By this time I had about a half a car on him, when I FINALLY shifted into second I got a pretty good pull and ended up having about 4-5 car lengths on him by the time I got to 75-80 and shut her down. I put on my blinker and he let me over, I gave him a wave and he did the same and we went on our way.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice kill. That RX-8 must of been **** slow for you to hit redline and still keep the lead.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Teching In

RX-8s aren't all that fast in a straight line. But put it through some twisties...
Old 10-27-2006, 12:35 AM
uno
On The Tree

i own both and no suprise you killed the rx8. It gets to be something like mobile home lengths by 90 mph