Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Hurt a civics self esteem tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurt a civics self esteem tonight

Nothing exciting. I just saw this civic with about 500lbs of bodykit and spoilers and decals attached and thought i should show him his place. He had enough stuff on the car to make me think he might have done something to actually give him some performance.....i was wrong
So im just sitting on the beltway coming home from school and i get next to him and rev in 5th a little bit. Just enough to let him know i'm interested, but not letting him know what im capable of. So i ease off and he comes along side and punches it and i drop it into 3rd and instantly stop his roll and start putting lengths on him. it looked like he let off after about 3 seconds (so that he could say he didnt really race me or he wouldve won) but i hadn't had any fun in a while so i kept it floored all the way up to about 120 mph, by which point he was a little dot in the distance.
It always amuses me to see this economy cars that people then do some stuff to so that theyre decently quick...and then they put all this weight into the cars with bodykits and stereos and stuff. And then they lose their whole advantage and are back to running mid 15 sec quarter miles.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
He had enough stuff on the car to make me think he might have done something to actually give him some performance.....i was wrong.
I know what you mean. I rolled up to a 350Z that had big fat DR on the back, roll cage,and body kit, we run and it was ugly for him.
Nice kill.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmaknaSS
I know what you mean. I rolled up to a 350Z that had big fat DR on the back, roll cage,and body kit, we run and it was ugly for him.
Nice kill.
Thats what really annoys me, when these clowns out roll cages in the car cause they think it looks tough.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Ricer = All looks and no go.
Racer = Some looks and all go.

Good kill.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

when some rice rolls up to me on the street wanting to race, i revv back and let them know that im down and when they get into it i just leave it in 4th and throw out 4 fingers from my window as i pull away. this method works better when your are in the passenger lane. ive only got an exhaust and a lid, im looking forward to getting some more goods so i can throw out 5 fingers or possibly even 6. got to love the rice
Old 12-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

haha yeah, round here the street ricers go out on the freeway and try to race, but all that really happens is they get up to 130, top out, and i just cruise by and watch. funny stuff...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Teching In

my 1988 Chevy Nova II could run circles around ya. Feel the power and heritage of the Nova! Nothings faster than my car. I just added a wing and my friend was telling me I can fly now because my car is so fast. I'm going to try it tonight on the freeway and land in oncoming traffic! Should be fun!