Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tested out my new tranny mount vs a 2000+ vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:13 PM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tested out my new tranny mount vs a 2000+ vette

Well after I left work today I was coming down Sooner. It was finally dry enough out for to try and hit the shifts hard and make sure the new tranny mount cured my thumping issues under the car. Well it did but i guess a 2000+ vette saw me and wanted to check me out.

We roll on down sooner and had to move thru some light traffic in order to get some clear rd. I drop into 2nd at 55ish and see him do the same. I hit it lightly to let him hit it. He jumps and I hit it. I let out after hitting 5th and I had about 3 cars on him.

We get on down the rd and I guess he wanted to redeem himself. I figured I would ablige. Sam thing, 2nd gear roll at 55ish. I let him take the hit and the same outcome again 3 cars at the end of 5th.

Well I figured that was enough for me. I did find out that the new mount is quite noisy at anything over 2500 rpms or WOT. I tried to remedy that but it only helped some so I guess I will see if time helps th mount break in.

I see the vette driver roll up beside me with his window down. I rolled mine down as we were at the light and he was like "Damn, that thing aint stock..." I told him nope, just bolt ons and sitting right around 350rwhp. He was like we I can see those things are pretty quick.

Kinda older guy, took it pretty well and was cool about it. It was fun, it had been a while since I got some play time.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nice kill...careful going down sooner...too many places for cops to sit
Old 12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
On the tree

Yeah I knew that, I have lived over in that area for almost 30 years now. I was really expecting one to be sitting over by the German Restraunt.