Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my 02 z28 vs. bullitt mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default my 02 z28 vs. bullitt mustang

Got a chance to run a bullitt mustang yesterday, definitely wasnt stock. Didnt sound stock and I could see guages on the A pillar, not sure what they were for though, if anything more then looks.

I paced him for awhile along I20 until traffic cleared up ahead. got side by side with him and he wouldnt look at me. I kept giving him little acclerations to see if he wanted to play and he wouldnt look at me. finally I got bored and decided it wasnt worth it and shifted back into sixth right at that moment dude punches it. Sounded good, for a ford. i quickly grabbed the highest gear I could get to, fourth, and punched it right behind him. I was slowly reeling him in when he slowed back to me. He yelled out 40 and three honks. So from a forty roll he honked, he got a slight jump on me but I was able to get alongside through third and then slowly put a car on him by the time I shut it down at 120. We took two more runs with the same result each time.

Cool guy though, we pulled over and hashed it out for a little, he never let me look at what he had though, but he wants to run again and get it on film. So i might have some vid of it in a bit.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have guessed a geared/bolt on. They are only rated at 10 more HP than a standard/stock GT. for him to keep that close, he was not stock........nice post/kill.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Good runs/kill!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Kill....he was definitley not stock. I agree with pony on the gears/boltons.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Good run, can't wait to see the vid!