Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA reloca road race

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA reloca road race

If you have lower control arm relocation bracket and you are going to RR what is the best setting for them??
Old 10-25-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ive always ran mine level with the ground.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

level is where you want them, but as far as i know and have read, no one makes one that is perfectly level

here is copy/paste from frrax:

"Slightly lower at the front will improve stability by inducing roll understeer. This is the usual situation on a car that has been lowered without relocating brackets.

Slightly lower at the rear will reduce stability by inducing roll oversteer. It will add anti-squat, which helps the car "hook up" under power. Anti-squat becomes anti-lift when braking, which can induce or aggravate brake hop.

A little roll understeer is better than roll oversteer. These misleading terms have nothing to do with understeer or oversteer. Think of roll oversteer as "positive" feedback, which is kind of like audio feedback in a PA system. Roll understeer is "negative" feedback. This is what the noise-canceling headphones use. Negative feedback (within reason) is a lot more stable."

here's more:

"There are both bolt-on and weld on LCA relocation brackets. Welding the brackets on is the preferred method. These are brackets welded onto the rear axle which allow the rear of the LCA’s to be lowered. Lowering the LCA’s increases anti-squat. Many drag racers will lower them as low as possible. The downside to this is lowering the LCA’s will cause roll oversteer which will make the car hard to control on course and can be very dangerous. It’s preferred to keep the LCA’s as close as level to minimize the amount of roll steer. In fact it’s preferable to have them slightly inclined towards the front to provide roll understeer which helps in applying power on corner exit.
Roll steer in the rear suspension is caused by the fact that the rear LCA’s scribe an arc as they move. When the car rolls in a turn one side will squat and the other lift causing the LCA’s to move in opposite directions-which they do and in an arc. The effective length of the LCA’s being longer on one side and shorter on another points the axle in a direction non-parallel to the car. If they rear axle points out you get oversteer and if it points in you get understeer. Roll steer is unavoidable but can be minimized by keeping the LCA’s as close to level as possible. Drawing a picture with the LCA’s inclined down, level, and up, along with some imagination, is the best way to visualize rollsteer"

i never got everything hooked up :o all i have to do is wire it all up and get a tune but i changed my mind i'm going to try to sell it all and am going to get a cam instead to have a little more umph in the canyons and on track
Old 10-25-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Regular

oh ok

Also the last part, are you talking about the Money Maker
Old 10-25-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

which part was confusing? it took me a few times to get it the first time too

yes to the 2nd part
Old 10-25-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

So in other words set it back to stock.
Damn been about 4 years with the money maker and you have not used it 1 time?? lol oh well good luck with ur new mods
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

if you cant set it so that it's level, its better to have the front side (front of the car) of the LCAs slightly lower then the rear

i know i thought i'd be doing more stuff on the streets, but instead i spend most the time in the canyons, not a bad trade off really