Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Going to track tomorrow, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Going to track tomorrow, need help!

Mods are in sig, will be running 255/50/16 BFG Drag Radials. I haven't run the car since it was stock so I do not know how the car will act at the track on drag radials. I have a few ???'s about my setup:

-I have been riding around with the LCA relocation brackets in the middle hole on stock ride height. On 285/40/17 GSD3s traction was acceptable but still spun pretty bad in first. Yesterday I put the LCA's on the lowest hole and off the line traction seems to have improved a bit.

-I unbolted and removed both front sway bar end links to aid in traction, and inflated the front tires to 45psi. Here's where my ?? comes in.........the weight transfer has greatly improved but I am getting worse traction on street tires with the sway bar unhooked. Off the line it spins easier, and when I hit second gear it will spin for a good second or two.

I know the car is transferring the weight better and it feels like it plants the tires harder but my street tires are spinning easier. I can't figure out if I have just reached the limits of street tires and it will hook better on drag radials or that perhaps I am going the wrong direction with my car setup. Would I be better off putting the LCA's back to the middle hole or hooking up the front sway bar, or should I just have faith that the drag radials will make it all work?

Thanks for the help!