Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed

Ok, heres some background. I have a 1995 Trans Am with 13600 miles it has a ram air hood and air box. I plan on lowering it with strano springs and using KYB shocks. I have a set of black TTMs for it too. I want to do alot of suspension work to it like LCAs TA Panhard rod etc. I know I will need lca relocation brackets but is there anything else i will need> What is the best stuff to use? This is in no way a race car its a cruiser.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've gone all BMR with the exception of my shocks, which are Strano. If you don't have an STB or SFCs, I highly recommend both of those as well. As far as the Panhard bar, I'd go adjustable in case you have to correct the rear end suspension geometry after you lower the car.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Launching!

do they make a bolt on sfc? i dont want to cut anything because of the mileage
Old 11-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Launching!

also are non adjustable lca's ok for this set up?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_transam_lt1
Ok, heres some background. I have a 1995 Trans Am with 13600 miles it has a ram air hood and air box. I plan on lowering it with strano springs and using KYB shocks. I have a set of black TTMs for it too. I want to do alot of suspension work to it like LCAs TA Panhard rod etc. I know I will need lca relocation brackets but is there anything else i will need> What is the best stuff to use? This is in no way a race car its a cruiser.
You do not need anything other than springs to lower the car. Obviously its not recommended though.
What are you looking to improve by doing these mods?(you will want different parts for different wants, and some may go against what you want)
Old 11-15-2008, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its highly recommended that you get an adjustable panhard bar when you lower the car because the distance from you car to the rear end will change from the shocks. meaning the stock phb will be too long and set the rear end off balance and it wont be centered under the car.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You do not need anything other than springs to lower the car. Obviously its not recommended though.
What are you looking to improve by doing these mods?(you will want different parts for different wants, and some may go against what you want)
Im looking for little to no wheel hop and want to get out of the hole faster. Its not a race car but i do like to race it every once in a while

Quick Reply: Advice needed