Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Torque arm with ARH's

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI Torque arm with ARH's

aight. got a question here.

I have a 99 t/a m6 with American Racing headers / Off road Y pipe. Stock rear end (wah-wah-wah...) but looking to do a torque arm upgrade. I really like the functionality of the relocation kit (the complete transmission crossmember kit). I was looking at just the shorty Torque arms with the subframe mount, but noticed a lot of fitment issues with American racing headers.

Thats why i would like to know if a full length torque arm with the crossmember relocation kit has any clearance issues at all with y pipes?

really lookin for the guys from UMI to chime in here, or anyone who has american racing headers.

Lemme know, thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running LPP LT's w/ Y-pipe along with a UMI non adj torque arm and the relocate bracket to get it off the transmission with no fitment issues.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

You won't have any fitment issues with the full length torque arm and relocation kit... they will work together just fine!

If I can help anymore please ask and I am glad too. Thanks!

Ryan
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Heres a few Ideas

Originally Posted by Nanner
aight. got a question here.

I have a 99 t/a m6 with American Racing headers / Off road Y pipe. Stock rear end (wah-wah-wah...) but looking to do a torque arm upgrade. I really like the functionality of the relocation kit (the complete transmission crossmember kit). I was looking at just the shorty Torque arms with the subframe mount, but noticed a lot of fitment issues with American racing headers.

Thats why i would like to know if a full length torque arm with the crossmember relocation kit has any clearance issues at all with y pipes?

really lookin for the guys from UMI to chime in here, or anyone who has american racing headers.

Lemme know, thanks in advance!
Hello,
Thanks for your interest in UMI Performance. We offer a few options it just depends on what you are going to be using the vehicle more for!
If its going to be a street car and roadrace and autocross vehicle.
I would recommend Part# 2205 with a torque arm relocation Part# 2207.
And If the vehicle is going to see alot of track time at the strip I would suggest Part# 2203 with loop or Part# or Part# 2202 without loop those both will clear your Y pipe. Like I said there are a few options it just matters what you are going to use the vehicle for the most. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad