Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Umi

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Umi

Looking to buy rear suspension components - control arms and panhard bar and front shock crossmember bar. Everything will be chromoly. Keep in mind when answering the following question that this is purely a street/summer car. Really no racing intended. I would really like to get the control arms and panhard bar with the rod ends instead of the energy suspension bushings. But the only reason for this is because of price. I typically associate the price with better performance/ better quality. I am sure I read somewhere not to use the rod ends on a street car but there was no real answer as to why not. Will they wear out fast or something and make noise? My second choice would be the double adjustable with the energy suspension bushings. Again total street car... so help me decide in the right direction. Thanks

Chris
Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

look at the link in my sig.

yes rod ends will wear out faster then the poly joint, and for a street car with no racing or little racing, hell even alot of racing the JJ joint in my link is the best option,

ic you have UMI in the title, they are a good company and make good stuff, but take a look at 6litereater stuff before you set your mind,

any questions please pm me. i can asnwer any question about the lca and panhard bar in the link,

thanks
Big Bird
Old 02-27-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

poly ends are a hell of alot quiter too then the helm joints
Old 02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

helm joints arent as bad as some people make them out to be and you dont need chromoly components specially since no racing is intended...just money down the drain and the weight savings isnt worth it