Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help picking

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help picking

ok i need help dont know what lower control arms, and torque arm to buy. is umi good or anything else please help me out.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

have you search the forums. so far I have UMI Dbl. Adj. LCA's, and PHB. I'm doing my entire suspension using UMI parts. theres a bunch of polls regarding to who favors who. what are you trying do with your car as far as suspension goes? ask people who have differents setups.

companies like , UMI, BMR, Spohn will help you with your questions, but its the member whos opinions you want to here. and Ill do my best to answer any of your questions
Old 03-05-2009, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Check out Midwest Chassis.....Eric makes some damn nice parts.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Hello

Originally Posted by Taken4granted
have you search the forums. so far I have UMI Dbl. Adj. LCA's, and PHB. I'm doing my entire suspension using UMI parts.
companies like , UMI, BMR, Spohn will help you with your questions, but its the member whos opinions you want to here. and Ill do my best to answer any of your questions
Hello,
Thanks for the business and glad that you are satisfied with UMI Performance products. But he is right depending who you talk to people have personal preferences about each company. So on that note! What is the year of vehicle you are putting the Control arms and the Torque arm on? Also how do you plan on driving it? Drag racing, autocross or just street driving? Let me know and I can show you what we have to offer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 03-05-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemunoz
ok i need help dont know what lower control arms, and torque arm to buy. is umi good or anything else please help me out.
What do you plan on doing with the car? If its a street car that sees some track time then I would suggest the tubular poly/poly control arms. They're going to get rid of the deflection you would see in the stock rubber pieces and allow more power to be transferred to the ground vs being absorbed by the stock units. As far as adjustable or not thats up to you.

Same deal with the torque arm, its going to get rid of the stock stamped steel piece (that flexes under load) and the rubber bushing on the transmission to get more of that power out to the ground. About the adjustable vs non with the torque arm, I always suggest adjustable so its there if you ever need it.

Heres a link to the site if you would like to see anything else or look into the control arms any further http://www.bmrfabrication.com/index.htm also if you have any other questions dont hesitate to call us, we're here untill 6PM Eastern Time

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Last edited by BMR Sales2; 03-05-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

well im going to put torque 2 cam, intake, headers, stall, gears, it going to be a dd but might see the track every other weekend. so what you guys say.

Quick Reply: need help picking