Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension lowering help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question suspension lowering help

Well I think Im torn between BMR lowering springs and strano lowering springs. Im also still undecided which shocks to go with. Looking for good performance, handling and somewhat comfort for lowered car. I was looking at the konis, but saw some replies saying they arent good for daily driving comfrt. Also looking at Strano bilsteins. This is strickly a street car no track. Future plans will be the trickflow 515 topend package so what my car to handle.

What do you guys think help me decide. Gonna order parts soon. That 4x4 stance is killing me and the stock shocks suck
Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

20 reads and no rplies. no love for a rookie
Old 03-27-2009, 11:32 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Let's see... Strano springs are lighter weight (a good bit lighter like about 10 pounds + lighter and my rears are a bit softer which helps the solid axle over bumps (think about pickups with heavier springs).... I think there are only two reasons you'd pick BMR over mine. They are on sale. And based on a post I saw yesterday it seems they are the old design that are less like mine and they are trying to make room for the new style that is more like mine. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The other reason? Mine are so popular and I make limited runs of them that I can't keep them in stock. In fact a shipment is due in the next few weeks, and of the 100 sets I have coming, I have about 60 sold. Last time I had 70 sold and got 111--they were all gone less then two weeks later. I can't argue with the fact mine cost more. They do because mine cost more to make, and I make smaller runs. Compared to other name brand springs mine are still an excellent value @ $275 shipped. I can't argue with the fact it'll be a little while longer until I have more. I never planned for them to be so popular.

Shocks:

Koni's rock. You might have seen a post here or there where someone did not like them. They are in a huge minority. Also, not everyone knows how to set them up properly. And there are many out there running settings I wouldn't (not my customers usually as I run through the process and the when/if's on damping adjustment). I run Koni's, and will always recommend them first as they work the best.

Bilstien's, even the Strano Spec ones are NOT intended for lowering springs like this. Why do I have my own setup? Basically to fix a mistake on the rears I felt Bilstein made on the HD a few years ago.

Shocks matter most when it comes to composure and ride quality (less bad impact harshness). I'll tell you right now lowering springs are NOT FOR EVERYONE... I can't really tell if they are right for you without speaking to you, but it's possible I might suggest skipping them based on what a conversation reveals.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

Strano's are top notch and everybody here knows it, if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for the best then get your name on the list!

Quick Reply: suspension lowering help