Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Edelbrock 3pt Strut Tower Brace Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edelbrock 3pt Strut Tower Brace Install Question

I'm about to install the Edelbrock 3 pt strut tower brace (pt # 5229) on the car, and I have a few questions.

Instructions: http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInst...0/350-5229.pdf

Unlike some braces I have seen, the Edelbrock strut plate mounts using 3 bolts over the strut, vs the typically 2 bolts. The two bolts (actually nuts) commonly being the first two closest to you if you pop the hood and are looking from the front of the car.

The 3rd bolt this calls for you to remove is the one in the back, closet to the engine. This is an actual bolt. Is there a nut locking this bolt in place? Any consequences if I take it out? Do I need to lift the car to take out this 3rd bolt? On the driver side, in order for me to remove this bolt, I need a torx socket, but not on the passenger side - which I found odd.

I did a search for this particular brace, but I couldn't find anything. I just want to make sure I'll be ok taking this bolt out in order to install the brace, without any consequences.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

don't worry nothing will fall out! I've got that same one. The only minor problem is the bracket on the drivers side, you will need to tap it in because it is a tight fit. Same thing happened on my 99 too!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FLSSLS1
don't worry nothing will fall out! I've got that same one. The only minor problem is the bracket on the drivers side, you will need to tap it in because it is a tight fit. Same thing happened on my 99 too!
Thanks!

I wasn't sure if a nut was going to fall down once the 3rd bolt came lose or not. I'll finish it up this week. So, that 3rd screw will go back in with no issues? Is the top of the strut threaded - hence the bolt and no nut?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the strut is threaded for the bolt.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock 3pt Strut Tower Brace Install Question