Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default torque arm question

installed a bmr adj torque arm on a bolton z28.It has cut a best 60' of 1.61.
car was lowered with prokit,bmr adj lca,qa1 at all 4 corners,relocation brackets.

ok after installing the bmr adj torque arm I noticed a big difference in ride comfort/handling.the car felt very stiff and there is more noise inside which I dont mind.now the donwside maybe?the car used to wine with the 3.73's but it wines a lot more now,only way I can decsribe is it sounds like the gears are tearing each other apart,and about to break,kinda scared to take it to the track tommorow,am i being a puss,is this normal?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get a TQ arm that bolts to the trans, or to the tunnel. If you got the tunnel mount, then the noise is just a part of having a race car suspension...get used to it!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not that familiar with the BMR TA, but if it has heim joints and a polyurethane mount, then it will transmit more road/suspension noise, which is perfectly normal; annoying, but normal.

What is your pinion angle set at?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it is transmount with polyurethane bushing,not worried about the extra noise.im worried about the gears making extra noise sounds like the rearend is grinding heavily.oh well I post back tommorow after some track runs.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Just comes with the territory just like people putting on headers and then complaning about exhaust noise.Anytime you stiffen the car up you will feel the road more and any noise or sound the car makes will be transmitted to the cabin.