Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm bent?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque arm bent?

I wanted to know if you guys could tell if my tq arm is bent by looking at it. Also when I get on it hard there is lots of vibration coming from back there. At normal speed it is fine just when I am on the gas hard. Do you think my tq arm is flexing so much that it is throwing off the pinion angle causing the vibration? Also when I shift from drive to reverse it is pretty harsh then squats and vise versa. I plan on getting an adj one but just wanted to know if this is indeed my problem. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

No one? Any body have an under car shot with a known good tq arm?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks bent, but im not 100% ill be under my car sat and ill take some pictures if you still need to. I'm just curious though.... you bought a turbo before replacing your stock torque arm? and on a side note... do you have 2 exhausts or are you running welds from stock Y to torque exhaust to build back pressure
Old 04-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it is a stock one. then it is fine. they have a bit of a bend to them. cuase i is stamped steel. not like the good ones that have joints. the stamped one bends. i got one laying around here if you want a pic so i can show you.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Relapse
it looks bent, but im not 100% ill be under my car sat and ill take some pictures if you still need to. I'm just curious though.... you bought a turbo before replacing your stock torque arm? and on a side note... do you have 2 exhausts or are you running welds from stock Y to torque exhaust to build back pressure
Yes I did.
Not to sure what your asking? It is a 2.5inch y to a 2.5 all the way to the rear mount turbo, then a 3inch down pipe, all wraped and sealed. No mufflers or cats.

Quick Reply: Torque arm bent?