Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear Wheel Hop

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear Wheel Hop

Guys I recently did some weight reduction and part of it was taking out the rear bumper support.

Today I noticed the rear hopped a little when I got on it.

Suspension wise I have an adj rod end phb, konis (set to medium) and a 21mm sway bar.

What could be causing the rear to hop under hard acceleration and can I do anything to fix it?

Thanks for reading.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New lower control arms should help, relocation brackets should too
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally would not use relo's unless your lowered. Maybe after you install the LCA's and decide if they helped enough to go on without them. If you install the LCA's and decide to go ahead with the relo's then go for it. better to spend the money later as you might not need to spend it at all,,, its only one bolt per side you'd have to remove. But yes, you need better LCA's
Old 04-14-2009, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
Guys I recently did some weight reduction and part of it was taking out the rear bumper support.

Today I noticed the rear hopped a little when I got on it.

Suspension wise I have an adj rod end phb, konis (set to medium) and a 21mm sway bar.

What could be causing the rear to hop under hard acceleration and can I do anything to fix it?

Thanks for reading.
Hello, i would suggest a set of lower control arms and possibly a set of relocation brackets. If you have put lowering springs on your car then you will need the relocation brackets also. We have several different designs of lca's from non adjustable to our on car adjustable full race chrome moly version. Adding lower control arms will stiifen your suspension and also make it more consistant at the track. Give me a call if you have any questions on which set would be best for you.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Wheel Hop-tca001.jpg   Rear Wheel Hop-mca002.jpg   Rear Wheel Hop-tca004hsmall.jpg   Rear Wheel Hop-mca001.jpg   Rear Wheel Hop-cab2-thumb.gif  

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh snap, yea I forgot to mention the car has lowering springs.

For scca rules do those bump you up a class? From what I read I would fall into the SM category anyway..

Thanks all

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Hop