Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Check out what I found....

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check out what I found....

So not too long ago when I was replacing my front shocks and springs, I found this:

Its the bracket that bolts the sway bar bushing to the car. As you can see its snapped pretty much clear off. I Never hit anything or noticed a difference in the way the car handles since I bought it about two years ago....so my guess is its been like this since I got it. Anyone know if I can buy this bracket anywhere? Or am I gonna have to go to a gm dealer?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ID JUST GO TO THE DEALER. JUNKYARD ONE WOULD BE RUSTY. shouldnt be very expensive. get the other side too.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

GM dealers and online GM parts stores should have them. This happened to me before and it caused some severely bad control/handling issues. I bought a set and had them box welded.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

GM dealers and online GM parts stores should have them. This happened to me before and it caused some severely bad control/handling issues. I bought a set and had them box welded.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zdc590
So not too long ago when I was replacing my front shocks and springs, I found this:

Its the bracket that bolts the sway bar bushing to the car. As you can see its snapped pretty much clear off. I Never hit anything or noticed a difference in the way the car handles since I bought it about two years ago....so my guess is its been like this since I got it. Anyone know if I can buy this bracket anywhere? Or am I gonna have to go to a gm dealer?
I had the EXACT same thing. You can buy it from the dealer and it is reasonable in cost. Really tightened up the front end w/ the swaybar connected properly!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Awesome. After I replaced the shocks and springs I noticed a huge difference in handling. I cant wait to see what it feels like after I get this thing back together. Its gonna be a whole new car. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I felt like I had little to no control of the rear end when I had the bracket broken. It's funny how badly something defective in the front can adversely affect the rear handling.

Quick Reply: Check out what I found....