Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA's installed, but a couple questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA's installed, but a couple questions?

The FedEx man dropped off my lca's today. I ended up buying umi poly/rod single adjustable. Nice quality piece. I already had the umi lca relocation brackets welded on (by a pro) and was using the stock lca's. I had a little bit of a clunk every now and then from it seemed like the passengers side with the stock arms.
I get off of work aiming to toss these on quickly in between the rain. Popped off the stock driver side in no time. I go to bolt in the new lca, the rod end just didn't want to go into the relocation bracket, seemed almost too big by 1/16th of an inch, maybe less. Little bit of a pain, I was hoping for it to slide in and beat the rain (which didn't happen). The rods flexed around making it more difficult to get in. I ended up using a dremel to smooth the edge of the relocation brackets' inner plate, just to get a part of the rod ends in there, then bump it up. Worked like magic. I can feel the improvement, even on wet roads. The side that had the clunk every now and then seems to be more noisy with these. I am wondering if the relocation bracket might be off a little or could the rod end have an issue? The drivers side sounds fine and very quiet. The rod end that went on the passengers side didn't move as freely as the one I put on the drivers side. Is that normal to not move quite the same? The drivers I could move with my pinky, while the passengers took a bit of force with my whole hand to move. The passengers that was clunking before isn't clunking, but seems to rattle I guess would be correct. It was tightened per the directions to a T.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

Your suspension could be in a bind, something similar to me happened. What holes did you put the LCAs in? The top is for stock and bottom for lowered.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

I am stock height and put them in the middle, which was where the pro installer put them. After reading https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-centered.html I too have the wheel set back in the wheel well, almost exactly like the person in that thread post #24. Looks like I might have to just do some adjusting to recenter the rear. I was holding out from putting them all the way down til I get my koni/strano package in the near future.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

How did you correct your bind issues? Also, anyone have any tips on how to budge the rear with one lca off to try and line this all up properly?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oo7steven
How did you correct your bind issues? Also, anyone have any tips on how to budge the rear with one lca off to try and line this all up properly?
Hello
When you have a chance feel free to give us a call and our tech dept will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: LCA's installed, but a couple questions?