Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Removal Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Removal Questions

I've got the ABS INOP light on now and am going to go ahead and just remove the ABS entirely. For cleanliness under the hood, weight removal and per the fact that the ABS doesn't work right now anyway so I'm not missing anything.
My question is how would I get rid of the ABS INOP light, I'm sure it would still illuminate correct? My car is a 93 so it's a speed density motor, no going in with a tuner to just turn it off I believe.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On mine, I just put two pieces of electrical tape over the ABS INOP writing on the back of the gauge overlay. Sounds ghetto, but you'll never see it, and you certainly won't see the light shining through.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
On mine, I just put two pieces of electrical tape over the ABS INOP writing on the back of the gauge overlay. Sounds ghetto, but you'll never see it, and you certainly won't see the light shining through.
Yep, that's exactly what I did. The gage cluster is easy to remove (at least on my '02) and I put tape on the Brake, Service Vehicle, ABS INOP, and Skip Shift lights.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good mod and big weight loss on the LT1 setups...those brackets weight a ton.

I'm assuming you're using one of our ABS delete kits. ...give me a call 724.478.5580, I can walk you through what to do.

Steve
SJM Manufacturing Inc.

Quick Reply: ABS Removal Questions