Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

removed master cylinder, now no pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default removed master cylinder, now no pedal?

I had too remove my master cylinder too remove strut bolt (yes, master went almost dry). Changed struts and re-installed master cylinder. I aslo had the calipers removed. I started by bleeding the brakes, got air out of lines but very little brake pedal. Do I need a power bleeder or what. I really do not want to bench bleed. Any ideas wloud be great,
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you get air in lines you need to do a full bleed. Start with the r/r, then l/r, r/f, l/f. Attach a hose to the bleeder, put the end of the hose in a small glass 1/3 full of brake fluid, carck the bleeder open and pump the pedal slowly a few times, then close the bleeder. Repeat for all 4 wheels. If you have a mighty vac bleeder, vacuum bleeder, or power bleeder it's even better but this method works if you are doing it yourself.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default very soft pedal after master removal

Originally Posted by DaddySS
Once you get air in lines you need to do a full bleed. Start with the r/r, then l/r, r/f, l/f. Attach a hose to the bleeder, put the end of the hose in a small glass 1/3 full of brake fluid, carck the bleeder open and pump the pedal slowly a few times, then close the bleeder. Repeat for all 4 wheels. If you have a mighty vac bleeder, vacuum bleeder, or power bleeder it's even better but this method works if you are doing it yourself.
thanks for the help but I have blead many brakes the method you mentioned. This was the first time I removed the master cylinder. Now I have a problem with the fedal being very soft and going to the floor. I have re-blead the brakes 3 times . there are no more aire in the lines leading from master too caliper bleaders. I also cracked the 2 lines leading out of the master and blead there. Still no luck. My car is a 99 SS with Traction control...does this make a differance?

Thanks/