Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear spring air bag question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default rear spring air bag question

any improvement in launching? how is street ride effected by it? also any effects to the turning?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97Lt1TA
any improvement in launching? how is street ride effected by it? also any effects to the turning?
It's a quick cheap way to help stop the car from torquing over to the right. You probably knew that already. I believe the instructions say to leave 5 lbs. in it for normal driving. On motor I use about 12 lbs. and when on the bottle about 20 lbs. It does help but I'm not at the power level where a heavy duty sway or drag bar is needed.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
It's a quick cheap way to help stop the car from torquing over to the right. You probably knew that already. I believe the instructions say to leave 5 lbs. in it for normal driving. On motor I use about 12 lbs. and when on the bottle about 20 lbs. It does help but I'm not at the power level where a heavy duty sway or drag bar is needed.
good to know im picking one up for dirt cheap so domething new to mess around with in the spring. now got to get v6 springs and put my 50/50 drag shocks on and the rear susp. in complete for now

Quick Reply: rear spring air bag question