Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

how to hook

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 AM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to hook

Im going to be going with a larger stall....what all do i need to hook on the street besides good m/t....i already have SFCs...everyone races on really good concrete so most people dead hook but what all will help....
Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00blacka4
Im going to be going with a larger stall....what all do i need to hook on the street besides good m/t....i already have SFCs...everyone races on really good concrete so most people dead hook but what all will help....
Most of my customer have seen great results from a set of lower control arms and control arm relocation brackets. Like you mentioned drag radials are going to be one of the key ingredients to make the car hook.

We do offer several different lower control arms for different applications but our most basic lower control arm works for about 90% of the cars out there and are tough enough for single digit et's.

The lower control arm part # TCA001 can be found HERE

Control arm relocation brackets or "anti-squat" brackets they are sometimes called help with making the car "hook" by altering the rear suspension geometry. With the extra off the line torque from the higher stall i highly recommend them.

We offer a bolt on and weld on version which can be found HERE

Once you get these basic pieces see how the car works and go from there.

If you have any questions please ask
Old 02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lower control arms and relocation brackets as stated will get her to hook!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
Just another suggestion for you to help the vehicle hook both on the street and at the track. Like mentioned above I would suggest looking into a set of lower control arms and relocation brackets. You will not only be eliminating the flexible stock lower control arm that the rubber bushings are possibly shot. You are gaining a good bit of your traction performance and wheel hop going with a solid control arm with poly bushings that are grease-able. And you are also installing the Relocation Brackets that give you the extra adjustments by allowing you to adjust the lower control arm so that its parallel to the surface and increases your traction performance and helps eliminate your wheel hop. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...elupojf5r5fsg4

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Thanks
Brad
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

I was able to get my MS4+150shot setup to hook on the street by quickly rolling into the throttle. Here is a list of my suspension, hope it helps!

QA1 12 way adjustable with 300lb springs up front.
Comp 50/50 in the rear.
All UMI under the car, sub frame connectors, LCA's, LCA relocators, Rear Sway Bar, Torque Arm, and of course a Ford 9" on a 275 MT

Here is a quick video launching the car on spray ( sorry for the quality)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Q...nch_728225.htm
Old 02-09-2010, 08:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevsfastZ
I was able to get my MS4+150shot setup to hook on the street by quickly rolling into the throttle. Here is a list of my suspension, hope it helps!

QA1 12 way adjustable with 300lb springs up front.
Comp 50/50 in the rear.
All UMI under the car, sub frame connectors, LCA's, LCA relocators, Rear Sway Bar, Torque Arm, and of course a Ford 9" on a 275 MT

Here is a quick video launching the car on spray ( sorry for the quality)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Q...nch_728225.htm

Great to Hear!
Thanks Again for choosing UMI Performance.......That car sounds really healthy..

Take it Easy
Brad
Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Thank you, as I am very happy with every item I have purchased from you guys.

Here is the same setup at the track cutting a 1.57 with some transmission issues. I forgot to mention it is a 3400 stall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGDM6XHLLSs

OP, if you need any help dialing in the car's suspension let me know.

Quick Reply: how to hook