Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit Part ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit Part ????

I cant find a rebuild kit for my rear calipers...does anybody know of a source or a part number for them? I was told (by I guy I dont think really knew) that the back uses the same kit as the front (the front requires 2 kits per side and the rear 1.) Is that true?

I am needing rebuild kits because I am having my calipers chromed...so please dont say just get new calipers.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i rebuilt mine for a 99 camaro when the calipers were pc the front takes 4 kits gm pn 18026160 the rears im not sure on the pn because i have taken them out of the bag and didnt save them got these from gm parts direct you can verify the numbers maybe from your local gm dealer
Old 02-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
because I am having my calipers chromed
Maybe a little off topic, but how many items have you chromed on your car?

The Calipers will look awesome when they are chromed up!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pwterz28
i rebuilt mine for a 99 camaro when the calipers were pc the front takes 4 kits gm pn 18026160 the rears im not sure on the pn because i have taken them out of the bag and didnt save them got these from gm parts direct you can verify the numbers maybe from your local gm dealer
Thats the problem...GM parts direct doesnt list a kit for the rear that I can find on their site. I guess I can try local but I would much rather just order them if I can.

Originally Posted by SteelCityYaga
Maybe a little off topic, but how many items have you chromed on your car?

The Calipers will look awesome when they are chromed up!
Lord I don't know how many...but a lot! I have all most all the suspension chromed except for a few pieces aftermarket pieces I havent got yet (K-Member and A-Arms)...the front spindles are chromed and pretty much the entire rear suspension (BMR Control arms, BMR Reloc backets, BMR PRB, BMR upper PRB). The LPP headers, Y-Pipe and Corsa catback are full polished as is the drive shaft...so its pretty shiney under the bottom. As far aas the engine goes...well everything that can be tastefully done is done.

Quick Reply: Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit Part ????