Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tokico hp shocks springtech springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tokico hp shocks springtech springs

any one ever use them? it says they drop 1.6in in the front and 1.7 in the rear. just wanted to know if anyone has used these and has any advice on them. thanks.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id like to know as well!! i really was set on picking up a set of those tokico shocks or KYB shocks..
Old 03-04-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a 1.6" drop is pretty extreme. and i've never seen any reviews on them before. to be that low they would need to have a high spring rate to keep you from just riding the bumpstops. anddd if they have that high of a spring rate tokico's probably aren't the best option to handle them. i would look elsewhere.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

You do realize that the picture above is not of the shocks for this car, right? Also notice that whatever they are for, the springs don't even fit the front shock perch correctly.

You get what you pay for. I'd be much more leary of the springs than those shocks. I don't think the Tokico's are a great bargain considering you can get SLP Bilstein's for just over $400 shipped to your door---$409.99 to be exact and the Bilstein's are much higher quality shocks.

You can also do better on springs, that's too much drop for good compliance and for the shocks to have good range of motion to damp in.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Tokico hp shocks springtech springs