Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

input on pads selection please

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default input on pads selection please

i need help deciding what type of pads to run. i am pretty sure i want hawk but don't know which compounds i may like. i'm thinking hps, hp plus, or ceramics. if you guys are running any of these pads let me know your opinions on what like and dislike about the pad you have or had. i'm also open to suggestions on different manufacturers of pads ( i'm not locked in), but i just see that hawk seems pretty popular around here. thanks for all your input everyone.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try a search on this, you'll probably get a lot of information.

Otherwise, I like my HPS....not too much dust, good stopping power, and good pedal feel.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

i have searched and there seems to be alot of conflicting opinions. some say ceramics are the way to go, great bite and low dust, others say they suck. same for the hps and hp plus. i am just trying to get opinions of people who actually run or ran these pads to see what they think of the different compounds. thanks for your input though. 1 for hps.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought my stuff from strano parts, i called him on the phone. he took the time to talk with me about my car and how i use it. it is only a dd with only a limited number of runs at a 1/4 mile track. he gave me great advice and i bought my brakes from him. i know you can buy cheaper stuff from places, but when it comes to brakes i like quality over cheap prices and parts.