Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn Motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spohn Motor mounts

just bought solid spohn motors mounts they fit great but they raised the engine about 1.5 inch would it be possible to have 1.5 inch cut out and re welded or would this cause them not to line up
Old 05-21-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it a problem? Most of that 1.5 inch come from the stock rubber isolators being destroyed allowing the engine to sag really badly. When I put mine on I got about the same raise in height, didn't have any problems though. It actually helped the headers get more clearance.

Cutting them probably won't work as far as I can tell, since they sit at an angle cutting out material will cause them to set against the block further up than they do normally and maybe the bolts will not line up.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i asked spohn about this awhile back..............their mounts are factory height.....the old wrinkled MM rubber is gone now so they just seem higher
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have there mounts and they fit perfect. I took the stock mount off the frame & block and bolted them together and they were the same height..I don't believe you can raise the engine 1.5" with out the intake hitting the cal and the exhaust mounting back up. Every thing with these car are pretty tight under the hood. But your mounts might be fab wrong

Make shore before you cut the mounts to check your clearance between the frame and oil pan , and stock F-body clearance is about 1/2", And you will haft to chance the angle or pitch of the mount

Last edited by Randy WS6; 05-21-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounts

the problem i am having is since the engine is sitting higher than before the collector on the driver side is tight against floor pan and causes vibration. Iwill measure gap between kmember and oil pan but it looks more than .5 inch because after the install i said to a buddy that i could remove the oil pan with motor in now
Old 05-23-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you got a bad set. I don't remember how much clearance mine had though. I would just be careful with cutting them if you do, measure twice and cut once haha.

Quick Reply: Spohn Motor mounts