Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Bilsteins are these?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Bilsteins are these?

Well I went under the car and the part number for my front bilsteins is f4-b46-1913-h000 they have under 2k on them but are fairly old, should I upgrade? It has eibach pro kit and is a weekend cruiser not a track car. Were those bilsteins good?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Anybody? Please help because if these are no good I am getting some koni's.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Quick94LT1
Anybody? Please help because if these are no good I am getting some koni's.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CIPBP4/?tag=crazool-20

They are Heavy Duty Bilstiens. No way to know about the valving if they are the same as the current HD but I would compare the part numbers.

And next time, you can try this link.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bilsteins+b46-1913
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Lol thank you I did try google but I might have typed something wrong because I could not figure it out. Thank you though. Now wich koni's are the best for a street car that will get strano springs soon.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Launching!

Lol thank you I did try google but I might have typed something wrong because I could not figure it out. Thank you though. Now wich koni's are the best for a street car that will get strano springs soon.
For a street driven car, I would get the single adjustable koni's.
These you can adjust while on the car. known as 4/4.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

Or you can save $100 if you go with the ones with only off car adjustment, known as 4/3's.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

The on or off car adjustment is only for the rears. The fronts are both on car adjustable. The difference is the 4/3 were made for 3rd gen Camaros and the 4/4's for 4th gen. The 3rd gens fit both. The difference is you need to adjust the rears when installing them instead of being able to do it without removing the shock.

All that said, if you don't need to have the adjustment ability, Bilsteins are very good with Strano springs too. Both are good shocks.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Now I know I'm beign a retard but what do you adjust for? Anything special for the street? I have been searching and found that bilsteins aren't for lowered cars. I have owned only mustangs and in that world bilsteins are the ticket like koni's for a f-body.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Now I know I'm beign a retard but what do you adjust for? Anything special for the street? I have been searching and found that bilsteins aren't for lowered cars. I have owned only mustangs and in that world bilsteins are the ticket like koni's for a f-body.
You are adjusting for compression, or how much resistance the shock will provide for the spring compression as you turn a corner or hit a bump. The reverse is rebound, how much tension or pressure on the way back up. For the street, you usually start with the setting close to full soft and work your way up to harder settings until you find something you like. There is a page i found a while back on how to do it for Double adjustables, you would just ommit the part about rebound settings. Heres the link.
http://www.koniracing.com/autocrosstune.cfm
I'm not sure where you heard that bilsteins aren't for lowered cars. The springs lower the car, and only if you have some crazy lower rider with goofy *** springs for something we would never use, then maybe they would be right.
As it is, Bilstiens, Konis, and even KYB's can be used on lowered cars. We're only talking around 1 1/2" on average. Again, unless you have some crazy set up, there is no reason you cant use bilsteins or konis on a lowered car. The only thing you specifically need to change on a lowered car is the pan hard rod. That's only to re-center the rear, but lets not confuse the issue right now.
I hope that helps clarifies. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you figure it out. I know it can be confusing, so your not being a retard.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Racin'Z28
You are adjusting for compression, or how much resistance the shock will provide for the spring compression as you turn a corner or hit a bump. The reverse is rebound, how much tension or pressure on the way back up. For the street, you usually start with the setting close to full soft and work your way up to harder settings until you find something you like. There is a page i found a while back on how to do it for Double adjustables, you would just ommit the part about rebound settings. Heres the link.
http://www.koniracing.com/autocrosstune.cfm
Actually you have it backwards, koni single adjustable's adjust rebound only.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Actually you have it backwards, koni single adjustable's adjust rebound only.
No, I think I have it correct. The single adjustment koni's have compression as measured by the **** on top for setting the amount of compression. The Double adjustables have the rebound control on the lower part of the shock to control the rebound. I have double adjustable Koni's now. I hope I know what i'm saying. If I'm wrong, then I'm a complete moron. I'm looking for some concrete proof from a Koni site or something to post here. Compression is how fast or how much resistance the shock takes to be squeezed down or compressed into a shorter length. The rebound is the resistance to being lengthened as the shock becomes longer.
Idk, maybe its a terminology thing. But i know the single adjustables adjust for compression only. I see Stranos site says Rebound adjustment on singles, but i'm wondering if its the terminology thing. I guess we'll see if I can find something to support my point.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

No, I think I have it correct. The single adjustment koni's have compression as measured by the **** on top for setting the amount of compression. The Double adjustables have the rebound control on the lower part of the shock to control the rebound. I have double adjustable Koni's now. I hope I know what i'm saying. If I'm wrong, then I'm a complete moron. I'm looking for some concrete proof from a Koni site or something to post here. Compression is how fast or how much resistance the shock takes to be squeezed down or compressed into a shorter length. The rebound is the resistance to being lengthened as the shock becomes longer.
Idk, maybe its a terminology thing. But i know the single adjustables adjust for compression only. I see Stranos site says Rebound adjustment on singles, but i'm wondering if its the terminology thing. I guess we'll see if I can find something to support my point.
Your terminology is correct, but you still have things backwards.
Koni single adjustable adjust rebound ONLY, compression is static.
Koni double adjustables adjust both rebound and compression independently, with the compression **** at the BOTTOM of the shock.
http://www.koniracing.com/8611.html
Old 05-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Your terminology is correct, but you still have things backwards.
Koni single adjustable adjust rebound ONLY, compression is static.
Koni double adjustables adjust both rebound and compression independently, with the compression **** at the BOTTOM of the shock.
http://www.koniracing.com/8611.html
Thanks for helping to get in straightened out for me and anyone else reading the thread.
SEE, Now I'll get to tell my ex-wife that I REALLY don't know everything. She'll be glad to hear it.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for helping to get in straightened out for me and anyone else reading the thread.
Not a big deal.
SEE, Now I'll get to tell my ex-wife that I REALLY don't know everything. She'll be glad to hear it.

Thanks!
Dont tell here that! You'll never hear the end of it!

Quick Reply: What Bilsteins are these?