Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spohn torque arm Y pipe problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spohn torque arm Y pipe problems

so I currently have the hooker 1 3/4" competition long tubes with a texas speed ORY (new design) going into the texas speed rumbler catback.....

I have a few issues....

as of last week, my spohn adjustable torque arm was fine with the pacesetter Y pipe I had on there. I do not have the long tube version or the torque arm, and I am also lowered on the eibach pro kit...

but now, with the new Texas speed ORY, I had to put my stock torque arm on to get the Y collector clearance I needed. However, I did a good 8 nitrous runs last night, and I I can feel the weakness of the stocker compared to the spohn and I cant stand it. I have BMR LCA's, UMI relocation brackets, KYB AGX shocks...

my question is, sense Im lowered and cant use the long tube cross member mount, is there any way I could make a 1/2" steel plate to go between the mounts from the torque arm to the car? kind of like a spacer just to give my Y the clearance? will this affect anything?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

I dont think you'd have any issues spacing it out as long as your bolts are long enough to be threaded properly after.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The new TSP y-pipe is large and won't clear with many tunnel mounted torque arms. They changed the design to a merge now and it merges right where the brace is and the drive shaft loop is. We redesigned our torque arm for more clearance with the TSP y-pipe (new design) and we were able to get it to clear with minimal rubbing but it is still tight.

The 1/2" spacer idea would work but dropping the torque arm in the front will change the instant center of the torque arm, but try it and see how it works.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
The new TSP y-pipe is large and won't clear with many tunnel mounted torque arms. They changed the design to a merge now and it merges right where the brace is and the drive shaft loop is. We redesigned our torque arm for more clearance with the TSP y-pipe (new design) and we were able to get it to clear with minimal rubbing but it is still tight.

The 1/2" spacer idea would work but dropping the torque arm in the front will change the instant center of the torque arm, but try it and see how it works.

Hope that helps,
Ryan

thanks alot Ryan. It wont hurt to try it, so I think thats what Im going to do.

Also, do you have a link to this new designed torque arm you guys are selling? will it work on a lowered car like mine as far as clearance goes?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I dont think you'd have any issues spacing it out as long as your bolts are long enough to be threaded properly after.
yes, I already have long enough bolts. I hope I can get away with 1/2" spacer...but if it needs to be 1" plus, I dont know how I will feel about that...

Quick Reply: spohn torque arm Y pipe problems