Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

changing lca bushing?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default changing lca bushing?????

I want to know how i can change the rear lower control arm bushings on my camaro.How would I go about doing this?Is there anything special i need?Please help me with anything you all know. I really appreciate it
Old 06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You'll need to have them pressed out; find a shop that's done it before otherwise they can easily bend the LCA's.
FYI, If you don't have the tools to press them out it would probably cost less to just get new LCA's.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get tubular LCA's. My bushings were dryrotted, and squeaked like crazy. I just bought some BMR LCA's. They last longer, eliminate wheel hop, and my car handles better.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoot the portion of the bushing that's inside the trailing arm with some lube. Then put a LARGE socket or piece of tubing over the end of the bushing that has the "ridge" on it. Give the other side of the bushing a firm rap. The bushing should pop right out. When installing the new one, keep in mind that it's the compression of the large diameter of the bushing in the trailing arm, that keeps the bushing in place. Therefore lightly support the small end, while firmly striking the big end of the bushing. Put a piece of 2x4 between the bushing and the hammer when doing this.

I've done this MANY times w/o bending a trailing arm.....