Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shaking Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shaking Steering Wheel

whenever i accelerate a decent speed or im drivng on the highway, my steering wheel vibrates like crazy, my watch will constantly rattle on my wrist and im getting tired of it. i havent figured out what it is though. i just got new tires on my front and the car was aligned when i got this done.
the alignment camber (i believe) is slightly back so i dont feel like im riding ontop of the front 2 tires and im more laid back.

what could cause this?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheels not balanced, still not aligned, Torque Arm not set at right degree, wheel bearings, tie rods
Old 07-07-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know the alignment is perfect. it was set up on the computerized alignment rack and was set. the guy who did it is my dads friend so he wouldnt do anything halfass for me. could it be that i didnt put the hubcentric rings when i instakked my wheels?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on balance and/or Outer tie rod ends.

I had a little shimmy in the steering wheel and just had my tie rods replaced, plus a balance and align, it made the world of difference to me. Your alignment could be dead on, and still have a little slack... jack up the front of the car with front wheels off the ground. Try turning your wheels left to right by hand. If there is slack, its tie rod ends.

Maybe wheel bearings?

Quick Reply: Shaking Steering Wheel