Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Replacing your rear pads? I need your old ones!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Replacing your rear pads? I need your old ones!

Yes I need some USED REAR brake PADS for a 4th Gen F-body! LS1 ie 98-02 rear pads. They can be worn and used up! So long as they are worn down to halfway or even further, I need a set. Any compound, but they should be worn evenly, not tapered please, and not cracking or totally worthless.
PM me or email me at chrispav -at- ptd.net

I will Paypal you some money for them and shipping.

(I need to test my caliper sliders and all I have is a new set and already threw out my old pads.)
I also posted this in the WTB section but thought I'd get a better response here where someone is probably doing a brake change right now. [Mod: thanks for your leniency.]

Chris
Old 07-10-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a used set from my brake swap, brake pads are in pretty decent shape still alot of life left. They are from my 2000 camaro unknown how many miles were on this set but they worked fine it was my fronts that were worn, which was my reason for replacing them originally. Let me know if your still interested.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Actually I need a set that are "mostly used up", so only about 1/4 inch of pad left is what I need.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure I'm following what you are trying to do.

Test your caliper sliders?? They either slide freely or they don't...just slide the pins back and forth in the bracket, if they slide easily and smoothly throughout their travel, they are good. If not, replace the pins and/or bracket and lubricate them with synthetic brake lubricant.

Quick Reply: Replacing your rear pads? I need your old ones!