Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What adjustment setting is your front Koni Adjustables.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What adjustment setting is your front Koni Adjustables.

My Z28 is currently in the shop having new UMI front and lower a-arms installed. Besides the fact that UMI doesnt mention about using new upper ball joints, My problem is the adjustment setting on my Front koni adjustables. Its currently lowered with Eibach pro kit springs. I notice the strut has a plus and minus on it. Which one is for a soft and stiffer setting. The plus and minus has me confused and how many turns should i move the adjustment setting so it will have a smooth ride but also be able to take corners like no other.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to drive the car. Everyone has different preferences and what they want to accomplish. If you want your car to handle, you have to be able to sacrifice ride quality. Take her for a ride and see whats going on. If its to firm for you liking, then adjust accordingly.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my koni struts are on the car and are set on full stiffness. It didnt ride to bad but it would be better if it were softer. Im getting my alignment done tomorrow so i guess once they are doing that, i will adjust it again to a softer setting. Just one question - The suspension will handle tight turns better if its stiffer but will sacrifice a smooth ride cause of it ?