Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring opinions

after putting on my new wheels/tires, i realize my car needs about a 1" drop. (i've already done the heater hose mod.)

for regular, everyday driving, can you guys recommend some springs that would be good and aren't to expensive? i checked the classifieds, but didn't see anything. i'm not looking for anything particularly special, but i know there are lots of differnt kinds and would like your opinions.

thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run the BMR 1.25 springs. im running 18x9.5 all the way around and i love the stance. im sure you will be able to find somebody selling lowering springs in the classified section.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

you might want to check out hotchkis as well... if you want something a little more performance oriented then stranos may be a good choice, that's what i run personally... if you buy them new you are probably going to be in the $250 range give or take a little and regardless of brand
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Stranos are good for daily driving too as well as performance. I would go with Stranos. They have great springrates for the 1.2 drop. I have them with Konis. There's been many of times where I drove other cars around on the weekend on stock suspension where I wished I was back in my Camaro because it's more comfortable.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the stanos for about a week. COULDNT BE HAPPIER with the stance. I've already gotten countless complitments about the heigth being just perfect.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
i run the BMR 1.25 springs. im running 18x9.5 all the way around and i love the stance. im sure you will be able to find somebody selling lowering springs in the classified section.
Thanks TXZ28LS1, we put a lot of effort into our rates and spring design so that you can get that stance and handling benefits without compromising the ride quality.

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I won't sit here and tell you that my springs won't change your ride quality. It's simply physics that when you install springs that are both stiffer and shorter, the ride will change.....

But I designed my springs years ago, to handle and work on imperfect surfaces as I live in Pennsylvania, and I autocross on surfaces that are far from glass smooth. At the limit stability with the increased handling was the idea. Given the springs track record (literally--as I've won SCCA National Championships on them, the very same springs you see ninetres talking about) I firmly believe mine are among the very best.

I have never claimed my springs were better, then changed them all around. I did my springs well after Eibach, Hotchkis and others (which I also sell) and wanted to improve certain aspects of performance. I also used coil-overs on my car to play with rates and height to determine what I felt worked the best.

I don't know what effort went into other's springs really, and frankly I don't much care. I know what went into mine--and you see some of that explained above. And if you check around, you'll find that 99% of folks who have them, love them.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:00 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

My strano springs, along with the koni 4/3's, are nothing short of fantastic. nice stance/ride height, comfortable ride, and great handling.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The KB Hypercoil springs are good.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...l#post13697111
You can also buy just the front Hotchkis 1" lowering springs.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

those hypercoil's seem good and a decent price. i got a PM from me but after further reading, i realized they're blue.

blue just won't do!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Those are really, REALLY stiff those Hypercoil rears.... Which is one reason I don't use them. I like Hypercoil quality and such and use a particular set on Mustangs all the time. But the rates of those, and the huge progression is just higher than it needs to be and adds a lot of unnecessary weight.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Thanks TXZ28LS1, we put a lot of effort into our rates and spring design so that you can get that stance and handling benefits without compromising the ride quality.

no doubt!!! ill be ordering more suspension from you guys soon!! you guys definitely make great products.