Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilsteins/bushings/springs??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bilsteins/bushings/springs??

New to this forum. Coming from a built 67 camaro with 700hp to an 02 SS M6 SLP with barely 400hp at the wheels. (gotta love this economy). We picked up the car at a decent price but I've got a feeling the odo at 47,000 miles is at least 50,000 shy of where it really is.
I'll be dropping back into a base street car class and only run 5-6 sessions a year, but want to be competitive with the few mustangs that run in that class. The car had upgraded brakes when we bought it and we put on better pads, sfc's, adj panhard bar with lca's, and I have some left over NT01's I'll be using.
It seems the car is not very stable at speeds above 120mph and with the budget we have I'm thinking the bilsteins hd's will work with the stock springs, although I'm going to do the heater hose mod as the back is up there. I'm wondering if the bushings in the stock sway bars are replaceable? With our limited plans and the bigger bars that come on the ss I was hoping to make them work if bushings can be replaced.

As a new guy, and also the sole propreiter of a small biz I am amazed at the abuse Mr. Strano takes on this site. Some of you guys are something else! Your mama must have never given you the chili pepper or soap demo. wow!

What part # for the bilsteins hd's or slp's?

Last edited by dbs1; 08-16-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think both Energy Suspension and Prothane make stock sway bar bushing replacements. I've got a set on my car, although I can't remember which set it is.

I like Sam, myself - there's no quibbling over meaning when he says something. Soon as my headers and motor mounts go in, he'll be getting some more of my money.