Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP Me !! DD Camaro !!

daily driver but will compromise anything to get the right drag race suspention
got some unknown yellow springs on & the rest of mods in SIG
first things first was weight reduction -
few crap of engine bay & a custom fiber glass hood 8kg max
rear seats , carpet , spare tire are offf !!
lowered enough infront but with those 295/45/18z on the back ..
help me get the best possible time from the start line !!
should i consider a 4 link ?? or start with a rear package suspention .... the hell with vibration I Dont care ... !!
THANK YOU in advance for any input
Old 08-23-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All depends on how much you want to spend. Are you doing it on a piece-by-piece basis, or doing everything at once?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Wink All at once

Originally Posted by Element
All depends on how much you want to spend. Are you doing it on a piece-by-piece basis, or doing everything at once?
I Didnt chase companies for helping me out so i could get hold of real reviewed customer experiences like people like UMI For LCA but BMR for there panhard bar for example .... i think i need a list of efficient product's from each sponsor for a real drag race setup on a street car !!
hope this help's but price is the last of my worries at this time !!
so instead of a sponsor vs sponsor thread , i hope for a list of the more efficient suspention from each sponsor
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
I Didnt chase companies for helping me out so i could get hold of real reviewed customer experiences like people like UMI For LCA but BMR for there panhard bar for example .... i think i need a list of efficient product's from each sponsor for a real drag race setup on a street car !!
hope this help's but price is the last of my worries at this time !!
so instead of a sponsor vs sponsor thread , i hope for a list of the more efficient suspention from each sponsor
I run UMI stuff, and haven't had a problem with any of it yet. Spohn and BMR also make good stuff. A lot of it is just personal brand preference.

As far as suspension setup, the first thing to do is get rid of the "don't know what they are" springs and get a good spring/shock combo. Lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets go with shocks and springs - since you'll be lower, you need to adjust your control arm angle to eliminate wheelhop and increase bite. SFCs and a torque arm after that, and then sways.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by Element
I run UMI stuff, and haven't had a problem with any of it yet. Spohn and BMR also make good stuff. A lot of it is just personal brand preference.

As far as suspension setup, the first thing to do is get rid of the "don't know what they are" springs and get a good spring/shock combo. Lower control arms and LCA relocation brackets go with shocks and springs - since you'll be lower, you need to adjust your control arm angle to eliminate wheelhop and increase bite. SFCs and a torque arm after that, and then sways.
that's it ?? im sure this is a basic setup for an m6 where im planning to get rid of every factory crap on my car for the up coming season few weeks ahead !! .... 4 link setups .... how does it compare ??
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

You don't need a 4 link, there are guys running mid 7 second quarter mile times with a torque arm setup. If you want to do this in stages I would start off with a set of control arms and relocation brackets. What brand tires are you running. Nothing will make more of a difference than a set of Drag radials. These three things alone will make a significant difference.

If you want to buy a pre-made package with matched components, you could try a Level 1 Drag Race package below:

This simple package along with a set of drag radials has put many cars into the 10's and a few into the 9's!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!