Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock or Stock Replacement springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock or Stock Replacement springs

I currently have Eibach pro kit on my TA, looks good rides like crap.

I have Strano's sitting brand new in box, but im thinking that since im not going to autocross the car why have them. I bought 1 7/8" ARH long tubes, + ORY, not willing to mess them up + i would really like to run a Spohn chassis mount torque arm with del-spere rod end,with the Y pipe loop (really dont want that to hit anything)

Need to know where to get back to stock height but was wondering if anyone knew something better than OEM springs. Or if anyone has some suggestions im open to them.

And any input on the Torque arm would be appreciated.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't want to be lowered, OEM springs are actually pretty good, if you are looking for some stiffer springs try to find some 1LE springs, they have higher rates but still the same height as the non 1LE sets.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm interested in this as well. I have no desire to lower my car.

Are there any QUALITY aftermarket springs available in oem height?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Musthaveboost
I currently have Eibach pro kit on my TA, looks good rides like crap.

I have Strano's sitting brand new in box, but im thinking that since im not going to autocross the car why have them. I bought 1 7/8" ARH long tubes, + ORY, not willing to mess them up + i would really like to run a Spohn chassis mount torque arm with del-spere rod end,with the Y pipe loop (really dont want that to hit anything)

Need to know where to get back to stock height but was wondering if anyone knew something better than OEM springs. Or if anyone has some suggestions im open to them.

And any input on the Torque arm would be appreciated.
What shocks are you on? Shocks can dramatically change ride characteristics. Also the Strano springs should sit higher than the Prokit seeing the eibachs are known for spring sag.

Originally Posted by salemetro
I'm interested in this as well. I have no desire to lower my car.

Are there any QUALITY aftermarket springs available in oem height?
I don't know of any "aftermarket" springs that have stock height, but I think Moog makes replacement stock springs (though there was a thread earlier with someone who used them and got a major 4X4 height).
With that being said if you don't want to lower the car then why replace the stock springs?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm wanting to replace with different rate springs than my formerly-v6'd car has in it right now. Now's a good time to upgrade, but I don't want the car any lower.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
.....Also the Strano springs should sit higher than the Prokit seeing the eibachs are known for spring sag.

I recently swapped out an Eibach/SLP Bilstein set up for a Strano/Koni set up. I can't say that the Eibachs "sagged", as the car was still sitting level after 14 years, but the Strano springs did raise the car about 3/8"....
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 251 Likes on 207 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i put some new moogs in the back.....they were higher than the sagged out stockers......heater hose mod brought em down.....so it sits at stock height now

Quick Reply: Stock or Stock Replacement springs