Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjusting the rear...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default adjusting the rear...

Ive got the UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar installed. My passenger rear wheel is in further then what my driverside is. When i try adjusting it, my driverside is the only wheel i see moving in/out. How do i go about moving the passengerside out some more? Do i take the entire panhard bar off and flip it around & install it again, to push out the passengerside or what?

Ive also got 18x10.5 C5 DD wheels, test fit the rear's on there without tires and the wheel is really close to the stock lower control arms on the passenger side. With a tire, im sure it would rub the control arm.

Any help with this, i would appreciate as im just trying to get this figured out. So i can then get the wheels put on and have no issues other then maybe having to use the BFH mod.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Ive got the UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar installed. My passenger rear wheel is in further then what my driverside is. When i try adjusting it, my driverside is the only wheel i see moving in/out. How do i go about moving the passengerside out some more? Do i take the entire panhard bar off and flip it around & install it again, to push out the passenger side or what?

The bar mounts to the chassis on the passenger side, and the axle on the drivers side. If your left rear wheel is further to the outside of the fenderwell than the right rear wheel, you need to "shorten" the panhard bar, and the axle will move to the right side of the car. Keep in mind, while you may have to jack up the car in order to reach the adjuster on the PHB, you need to take your measurements with the suspension "loaded", preferably with the car on the ground.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no way only your driver side wheel is moving unless your rearend is accordian like. haha.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Like said before, it's impossible to stretch the rear. You probably just need to adjust it more.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trik396
There's no way only your driver side wheel is moving unless your rearend is accordian like. haha.
that **** made me laugh!