Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help with C4 calipers on conversion vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with C4 calipers on conversion vehicle

so i'm trying to put C4 calipers on a G body. problem is if i put the bleeder screw on top, then the lever for the e-brake has to be pulled down. I dont see how to get the lever to move down with my e- brake cable set up. was this how it worked on the vetter or f-body? my next question is does the bleeder screw have to be on top? If so, and i want to make it so the lever can be pulled up, could I bleed the brakes with the caliper pulled off the axle and positioned so it is at the highest point,and then once the bleeding is finished install the caliper back onto the axle? Is there any other way to actuate the e-brake, move the lever, any other suggestions???
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

need help please, i'm losing sleep.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Launching!

The bleeder valves must be up when the brakes are being bled. They can be bled off the car, just make sure that you have something metal as thick as the rotor between the pads. Once they are bled, I see no reason that the bleeders can't be on the lower end. It will be just a PITA every time you need to bleed the brakes in the future.

I have no idea about the ebrake lever.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

ya. i dont see why i would be bleeding the brakes on a regular basis, i was hoping that might work, cause i dont see any other way to get the e-brake lever to actuate when pulled up. just wish i knew how they worked on the vette. or if f bodies used the same calipers.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

does anyone know how the e brake worked on the C4 vettes? how was the lever pulled down to actuate the e brake?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 81cuttysupreme
does anyone know how the e brake worked on the C4 vettes? how was the lever pulled down to actuate the e brake?
I would look on the c4 section of corvette forum. I had a 96 for a while with the 13 inch fronts and 12 rears. I changed the brakes and brake lever for the e brake and for the life of me I cant remember. The ebrake lever on the c4 are funky because they are on the left side of the driver side.

Quick Reply: help with C4 calipers on conversion vehicle